Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Track days... Who's going to any this spring/summer in the NE/tri-state area?

If so what days might you be attending and what "schools"? I'm thinking about doing a few penguin racing track days, and maybe a NESBA track day or two. Anyone have experience with either group specifically at NJMP? Thanks, hope see some people at the track this season...

There's also a desmo track day coming up in June I believe...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Out of the three links you posted, I've heard of tonys track days. Do you have any experience with their program?

·
Registered
944 Posts
done all 3, they are all good.

Tony's is probably the most controlled, they use 4 groups in NJ, have lots of instructors and control riders. The only one of these 3 that is doing NJ I think.
BoMo is probably the least controlled, a lot of racers for their days, but still a very well run day.
Fishtail is somewhere in the middle.

·
Registered
944 Posts
http://desmoducati.org/
Desmo runs a track day in NJ on June 10, hosted by Absolute Cycle Experience

Very nice TD and mostly Ducati and Ducati owners

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your input/posts. Hopefully it'll help others out in the future. I'll update this as I check out the various programs this season.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Tonys is great! Im planning on doing about 3 or 4 with them this year. Ive done about 15 with them so far. BoMo is also great if you dont mind a faster pace and closer passing. Penguin is really good, top top instructors. I have not been woth fishtail.

This year Penguin has the anual 'Ducati Revs New England' trackday with Doug Polen as a guest star. Last year Eric Bostrom was the guest star...got a nice picture of he and I together.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Assistance

Track days... Who's going to any this spring/summer in the NE/tri-state area?

If so what days might you be attending and what "schools"? I'm thinking about doing a few penguin racing track days, and maybe a NESBA track day or two. Anyone have experience with either group specifically at NJMP? Thanks, hope see some people at the track this season...

There's also a desmo track day coming up in June I believe...
Check your PMs CEN. Hookin you up!

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Awesome, post your impressions also
No pics but I did get video...anyways I think I was put into the wrong group, but no problem its my 1st trackday this year so I'm just knocking the rust off anyways, no world records...

The instructors were awesome between sessions in the classroom. Normally I don't care about the classroom much but they were great!

YouTube

·
Registered
121 Posts
Anyone attending CSS at Millville the week after next? Trying to make the schedule work for at least one day but haven't confirmed yet.

If anyone has done CSS there before, would like to hear your experience too. Consensus on the list seems to be that it's a great program but first hand knowledge would be great.

·
Registered
262 Posts
CSS is F'in awesome. I just did Level 1 at VIR and will be doing Level 2 at Thunderbolt in 2 wks.
Alot of track time and instruction. I used there BMWs, were set up awesome on sticky Q2s....

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
You are going to absolutely LOVE VIR Skee!
Best track on east coast I believe with plenty of everything for you. Have a great time and stay safe on the kink in straight!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Ill be at the California Superbike School next tuesday at NJMP if anyone is going

·
Registered
765 Posts
Cool! See you there! Be prepared for a cold morning if last weekend is any indication. Mid 50s when we got to the gate, but warmed by 9.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm booked for level 1 on Monday. Regrettably, the BYOB (bring your own bike) spots were gone by the time I registered. I'll be on one of their BMWs. A bit of a bummer but hey, it's better than riding a desk for the day.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts