Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a tire change today and am now getting the 11a and 11b lights while rolling with throttle applied. 11a kicks in and then as I speed up 11b lights on occasion.

Its been a pretty tough day and hoping someone might be willing to impart some wisdom on me.

Thanks in advance.

Noah

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
checked the pressure and knuckle heads filled it to 40 psi. Dropped the pressure to 30/30 and it helped a bit. Stopped and dropped the dtc from 8 to 6 and it eased it off a bit more. Still not sure if there is an issue with a sensor or if the tire has some how done this 120/70/17, 180/55/17.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for chiming in on this. I haven't been able to dig in to this feature yet and wasn't sure what a good baseline would be. This is my first ride with it.

I bought Dunlop Q3's. I have great experiences with them on my CBR 1000RR and had heard some other local riders having issues wit the OEM Pirelli's.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
I've got a set of Q3's as well, but no DTC on that bike.

I have seen some say that the shape and profile of the Pirelli work best with DTC...

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
holy smokes so basically the dtc was developed around a spec tire huh. Well I rode without DTC on my CBR so I may have to with my 848.

Thanks for the tip on the profile. I'll dig around a bit to see if I can find some more info.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah tire is on properly. the tire guy even joked about it in the shop and we installed everything properly as well. What setting are you using for DTC?

Like Johnny mentioned above the only thing I can think of is the tire profile.

·
Registered
399 Posts
! run it 3or4, the tire profile should not affect it at all! i have run Q2 and Q3 has well has the stock tires have never had a problem on the street or track! i didn't mean the tire but the front rim! the sensor is on the right side so the right rotor has the trigger on it,

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
! run it 3or4, the tire profile should not affect it at all! i have run Q2 and Q3 has well has the stock tires have never had a problem on the street or track! i didn't mean the tire but the front rim! the sensor is on the right side so the right rotor has the trigger on it,
at 4 on the dtc I do not have the traction control kicking in at lean or no lean throttle on conditions, on street that is. But when it was set to 8 or or 6 it would flash on and I did feel it.

The sensors are on the right side and pass by the pickup, i dont see any scratches or damage to the tc sensors.

·
Registered
399 Posts
i have run with the traction control at 8 and the the lights would flash even doing on ramps! thats why i run it at 3 or 4! At the race track driving hard out a corner the lights would come but you could feel the back wanting to step out! i have only felt the traction control work a few times set at 3 or 4!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry for the late reply gents; I just got back from my first ridding buddy's funeral. Cancer got the best of him.

I appreciate the advice and info on your experiences with the TC settings. I think I'll keep it around 4 or 5 for a while and see how things go. Can't wait to get out to the track and ride off the chicken strips on these new Q3's

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
next week is my 16th wedding anniversary after that it should be wide open barring any camping trips.

Whats you thoughts on deals gap?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts