Ducati.org forum banner

trick to getting the center pipe assembly out?

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  ryan stewart 
#1 ·
Pulling the center pipe to pull the valves and give me more clearance to (hopefully) straighten the tabs for the rearset.

Is there some trick to yoinking this? The service manual doesnt mention removing that second 02 sensor, just to unplug it. Im worried its crashing on the swing arm or something because I can get the top out, get the fingers off the bushing on the frame, but for the life of me can not get the bottom out. Its lose and it moves but it will not wiggle back any further.

#2 ·
Pulling the center pipe to pull the valves and give me more clearance to (hopefully) straighten the tabs for the rearset.

Is there some trick to yoinking this? The service manual doesnt mention removing that second 02 sensor, just to unplug it. Im worried its crashing on the swing arm or something because I can get the top out, get the fingers off the bushing on the frame, but for the life of me can not get the bottom out. Its lose and it moves but it will not wiggle back any further.
Can you post a pick I’ve taken mine off several times but I need a visual.

#3 ·
This guy, its all loose. Ive got both about 3/4ths of the way out but the overlap of the pipes is quite long and I cant seem to get the bottom one completely out. The top I have gotten out, Ive even got the tabs off the bushing for the mounted portion, but the bottom portion of the assembly seems to be caught on something. It feels like, if its not already crashing into it, the rear O2 sensor is hitting the swing arm. The instructions only say to unplug it, not remove it, not that I can get anything up there to remove it anyway while on the bike.

I originally had the bike lifted but dropped it to load up the swing arm, thinking the higher position might give me a bit more clearance for the sensor but still nothing. Its frustrating because its all loose and it feels like Im within MM of that bottom lip coming out but nada.

#6 ·
I finally just pulled the header, there is zero way that was clearing the swingarm with the O2 sensor installed. Once that happened it fell out. Whatever, the gasket is cheap if it leaks.

Then I got to spend 20 minutes liberating the wiring for the 02 sensors, gotta love how cheap they go so the sensor is a standard length plug and they just route a shit ton of wire under the engine through looms to make up for it. Will probably be cutting it and making another plug so its not so fucking stupidly routed, no need for 3 feet of wire going under the gas tank every time you gotta pull the exhaust.

Every time I work on this thing I wish it was easier to get parts for my MV, such a more thought out bike.

Now to figure out the best way to delete that flap while its off

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.