Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made a deposit back in September. Seven months ago. Waited patiently. Sold the 998. Watched other 1098 models come and go. Waited patiently. Sold the 999 one week ago. Superbike withdrawl symptoms experienced. Phone call this morning. Come and get it!

Ten pics from the delivery, one 11sec sound clip of the 70mm Termi's below...

Snow flurries are falling. From one side...

From the other side. Can see the full exhaust system box...

Some of the enthusiasts working at the dealership (Noted below) coming to see the first Tricolore to appear...

On the lift getting the 70mm exhaust fitted, the ECU placed, the bike tuned, the thing put together. Note that fat 70mm pipe. :drool

OK, wanna hear 11 seconds of the 70mm?

11 Seconds of the 70mm Termingnoni Exhaust on the 1098TC

Weather has cleared, sun is getting low, time for the poster sized temp tag...

Glamour shot...

More than a few gathered and hung around until closing to hear and watch it depart...

And they watched it depart to my truck. Ha! Well, OK, I rode it a mile around the block :). The flurries falling here earlier in the day was accumulating snow where I live up in the Rockies...

It was a wet snow. Will be melted off by tomorrow. Delivery to the garage. Ready for a ride the next day or so...

Want to note the excellent staff, service, and delivery at Erico Motorsports in Denver. Also want to acknowledge Ducati, for designing, developing, and producing a stunning bike.

·
Banned
9,495 Posts
Very nice, I am jealous. I hope that some day I am not telling my Grandchildren that I could have bought one, but cheapoed out and setteled for a base model.
As you can tell, I already am.
I bought my 998 from Tippy, nice to see the old crowd.

I cant wait to see one on the street.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Very nice! Congrats! Thanks for all the pictures!

·
Registered
131 Posts
beautifull bike!!! thats where i got my base model. While i deffinately agree that the sales staff is exellent (thanks chris and eric!) i would advise you to stay away from Dominic in service! after spending over 40,000 there in the last 2 years i was forced to take my repair biz out of Ericos shop and go elswhere (bike was orriginally taken there and i had to remove it from them). Really hated to do it as well, as i have allways been treated exellent there, however i dont have time to go into it here but long story short i was treated worse than i have ever been treated in my life by Dominic in they're service dept. and i mean TERRIBLE service!!! (was sworn at and lied to several times by this jackass) and i was really not satisfied by the management and the owners responce to the situation, i recieved addaquite appologys from them but nothing was done and no appology from the only one who really owed me one. however everyone else there is very good to deal with.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Bike looks AMAZING!

Thanks for the pix.

Jason

·
Registered
370 Posts
Stevelkinevil said:
beautifull bike!!! thats where i got my base model. While i deffinately agree that the sales staff is exellent (thanks chris and eric!) i would advise you to stay away from Dominic in service! after spending over 40,000 there in the last 2 years i was forced to take my repair biz out of Ericos shop and go elswhere (bike was orriginally taken there and i had to remove it from them). Really hated to do it as well, as i have allways been treated exellent there, however i dont have time to go into it here but long story short i was treated worse than i have ever been treated in my life by Dominic in they're service dept. and i mean TERRIBLE service!!! (was sworn at and lied to several times by this jackass) and i was really not satisfied by the management and the owners responce to the situation, i recieved addaquite appologys from them but nothing was done and no appology from the only one who really owed me one. however everyone else there is very good to deal with.
I had same experience at battley's cycle. The services did suck before. I had an accident and an over heating problem. They couldn't fix it, so the guy kept on giving the lie after lie. I hate when people lie to me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
At first i was a bit skeptical over this Tricolore. I figure its just another marketing gimmick to sell more 1098.
Also, I was worried if i bring it to the track, i might crash or i might stone chip the lower fairing and etc etc etc....

But now after seeing the picture, with the low sun hitting it at the side.... the magic shot. phew!

i must say... i want it really bad now.

Those design looks like it belong to the Ducati Museum.
Its a piece of Art in Motion.

Congrats! and thanks for the picture.

You very bad boy! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts