Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Edit - SOLD

For the 1098/1198 using the Showa forks or non-factory Ohlins forks (as the FGRT's have the same dimensions as the Showas).

OK... so this comes with a steering stem in 1098/1198 length, as the current stem part has some vise mishandling marks from being test-fit and bearing installs-removals by Podium Racing before I bought it... not too happy about that, but at this price, you can buy a new stem in either 848 length or 1198 length for about $149... The current 1098/1198stem comes with tapered bearings installed on lower end with the matching race and seal. Current stem works fine, just doesn't have a consistent finish with scratches they sold me this stem with blended out, and although no-one can see any part of it installed.

About the Podium Racing Billet Triple Clamps... These triples were developed by GMD Computrack and then produced using the finest materials... Type III hard anodized 7075 T6 alloy, and has a natural anodized color finish, the same color as the top of the fork caps. The surface is very hard, seems tougher than steel, and rings like hardened steel alloy.

All of the offset inserts are there and look like new. I have had this on my 1198 for roughly one year, set at 29mm offset, and they are awesome. The steering damper mount has been very neatly trimmed with a new hole tapped, per instructions from Brian Cavalo.

The biggest benefit of these, is being able to place the trail into that 102mm +1/-1 sweet spot, and adjust based on front tire diameter, and f/r ride height adjustments altering rake to keep it there. If you need some calculations to achieve this, let me know, as I have developed a spreadsheet to do this. They also look awesome.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Do it fit my 2010 1198S ?
Read the ad! Tells you everything you need to know. The answer to your question is in the 2nd line.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do it fit my 2010 1198S ?
The lowers for your triples need 56mm versus the 53mm as the 1198S Ohlins forks specifically have a larger diameter in this area. I see three options:

1. Find another set of triples with the 53mm upper and 56mm lower.

2. Order a set of lowers from Podium Racing where the lowers are 56mm. I asked them about this in January as I wanted to use these for the 1098R track bike, but instead just kept the Attack triples and ordered some expensive Attack inserts I needed. I have purchased a LOT of stuff from Podium over the last 18 months, so they quoted me a very reasonable amount for the lowers, they had zero interest in an exchange deal... but you would need to work that out with them as I'm sure they would rather sell a whole set-up for $750.

3. Have the lowers bored out by 3mm diameter.

Regards,
Dave

·
Registered
360 Posts
This does look awesome installed!!! Ducati should have included these from the factory! :stickpoke

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
It's a nice piece..

Probably have more success if you eBay it

Reactions: DHarsay

·
Registered
81 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts