Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So long time rider here. Been on the KTM drug for awhile (and plan on keeping my 950 adventure). I want something that I can sit pretty upright on. I sat on a 1200 monster and it was OK, would probably add some bar risers to it (hoping the cables are long enough) and sat on the Hyper. I am going to look at an 08 Hyper tomorrow. Guy says he is the second owner, 300 miles too fast and too many wheelies. Or is a maintenance nightmare? The 1200 of course is more money. I am trying to get an idea on maintenance costs, obviously I am doing most myself except valve adjustments. I have read stories both ways; the new bikes after O7 have longer maintenance intervals, then been reading on here about fueling issues, electrical issues etc.

So I am not including the Multistrada in my search because I have the KTM for that and can actually ride it off road.

What are the best years to look for for basically a Duc that is reliable and has more of an upright riding position? Trying to stay in the 8K range. Be interested to hear from the forum....

Also on the hyper, anything I should watch out for if I get to see it tomorrow???

·
Registered
270 Posts
Maintenance on two valve motors is simple. Belts and valves are an afternoon project. There are many parts on the market for them, new and used. I don't know specifics on the hyper chassis, so can't help you with the rest.
It sounds like you want a hyper more than a monster, do try it out. There is also a hyperstrada if you want a bagger for less cash than a multi.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for the feedback, anyone else? I looked at a Monster today, its pretty small and compact, I feel like I need a bigger bike. Will be looking at the hyper this afternoon to compare. It was nice as it was an S on the monster but I feel pretty cramped up.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Welcome 5 speed.

I have been thrashing the daylights out of my 2010 Evo SP for about 45 000km's and it still feels bulletproof. :naughty:
Considering there's been an extra 25hp at the wheel squeezed out of it that's pretty damned good. One set of belts and 2 valve adjustments and nothing else has been needed. It's tough as an old boot.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts