Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I'm looking for used TTX for my 848 and keep seeing different types. Kan anyone explain the differences?

I know there exists a Mark1 and Mark2 model as wel as the latest version the GP.
Most noticable external difference is always the adjusters.

Here are the types I found:
DU 788 :

DU931 :

Unknown (Mark2?):

GP (DU343?):

And then you have these which I think maybe are only for the Streetfighter?

and this which I think is some special race version:

Am I correct, and can someone explain the differences?

From this video I unerstand the GP version is the only one you can adjust by hand? (I always presumed the gold and black adjusters would be hand adjustable but apprently that's wrong?)

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
DU931 is the TTXMKII for Ducati 848/1098/1198, it's the newer design.
DU788 is the TTKMKI for Ducati 848/1098/1198, it's the older design.

The OEM Ducati TTX shock is missing the hydraulic preload adjuster, which is awesome to have for a track bike because it allows you to make very small changes in preload without banging on things.

Here are the modifications from MKI to MKII

- New piston ( aluminum) and new piston band ( homogeneous, not open).

- Steel tubes ( both inner and outer tube), which is not in any picture yet, looks slightly grey and mat.

- Back valves are re-designed, with other spring rates to improve traction and tire feel / grip.

- Adjuster housings are visually different. Shim stack for rebound / comp valves are the same.

·
Registered
303 Posts
About a year or so I called Ohlins USA and asked the Tech about the Ohlins (not OEM) TTX MK1 vs MK2. I believe he told me that the casting on the MK1 vs MK2 was diff, but in reality it's not likely anything anyone would ever notice. No internal valve difference or any of that jazz.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.