Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
While the acting is totally cheesy, the information is not. It's easier, at least for me, to watch this and absorb the knowledge than it is to read the book. I recommend it. It has taught me to be a better rider.

·
Registered
543 Posts
+1

Great info...my wife is learning to ride and watches it every couple weeks...both of us always pick up something new that just "makes more since this time".

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
555 Posts
The footie of the TT150s on the indoor dirt track in that video was American Supercamp. If you already know where the brake lever and the clutch are, and you want to have the time of your life, or if you already have your pro race license, and want to have the time of your life, and go home a better, faster, more confident rider, check out americansupercamp.com..Unless you just must be a scientologist... And if that's the case, skip the middle man, L Ron Hubbard is your guy

·
Registered
555 Posts
I agree with you Tchase,And Keith's explanation of the actual exploitation of the dynamics of the motorcycle are pretty much spot on.....However, most of the things he talks about, relaxing, turn in points,visual skills,etc become incidental, or at least second nature, once a rider conquers his or her 'survival instinct'..And the best way to do that is to embrace their biggest fear, the other side of traction.Otherwise, one is just learning how to deal with fear, not how to ride a motorcycle... Do two days at American Supercamp, sliding around a dirt track on a little TT and one will view traction in a completely different way... Case in point;Freddy Spencer, Kenny Roberts Jr and Sr, the entire Hayden family,Colin Edwards, on and on, all cut their teeth on a dirt track. They came into road racing already totally comfortable with sliding around.

·
Registered
555 Posts
And the track footie in that video is Streets of Willow and willow Springs... World's ghetto-est tracks.I've seen Keith go at Streets... He is pretty darn quick...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts