Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 696 monster on a 13 plate , just covered 3800 miles
the rear tyre has developed a shoulder on both sides of the tyre about 50 mm from centre , do I need to replace the tyre and if so what is best , just used for weekend fun
thanks

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
The cost of a new set of tires is not worth your life.

I'd look into replacement promptly.. just my $0.02

·
Registered
438 Posts
The cost of a new set of tires is not worth your life.

I'd look into replacement promptly.. just my $0.02

Agreed^

I think a decent set will cost you high 2's low-mid 3's depending where you shop and what discount is running at that time.

I think a hospital charges like 800-1000 dollars for x-rays, casting, pain meds. I would go with new tires it's easier.

Now on what tires to get, well then you get into which is better ford or chevy we all have are own preferences.
But members on here Like dunlops, MIchelins and pirellis.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the replies
yes I do mean flat spots , ducati dealer thinks 4000 miles about a tyres life so I am looking to replace
re hospital costs , I am in the UK so hospitals are free , down side is you get super bugs thrown in if you want them or not lol

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'd replace them then. Look for a good street tire with a multi-compound tread where the center is a bit harder. It should help with the flat spots assuming you don't peel out or punch the throttle all the time.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
to be honest was going to replace with factory originals
i would look at Michelin PP 2CT's. A great street tire. With a bit of longevity in them.

I just made the switch to Dunlop Q3's. Not the best for the street, not great longevity, and a bit twitchy when cold. But they do heat up quickly and are great when warm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts