Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the UK had any more info on their delivery date? I was told March, then it sometime in Feb.... itchin...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats promising - My deposit went down on the 12 Dec '06 - Will you post your thoughts and maybe some pics when you get a chance?
No sleep tonight mate :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ordered my 1098s from Sean, Manchester on 1st December. I spoke to him yesterday and he said he might be getting a couple of bikes in next week, one of which would be mine.
I've tried not to ask him too often about delivery as it's obviously out of his hands and he doesn't get much notice when they're shipping.

So, next week. Gentlemen....... Start your engines!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah picked it up yesterday (waited for March registration) This bike is flippin fantastic, I've got the Termi end cans which make a great BARK and it's great to ride.

The bike does feel really small (although the seat height is more than my 749) and it's really light. Just look at a bend and it goes there - fantastic.

Trouble is I was going to keep my 749 just to spread the mileage but don't know whether I'll use it, the 1098 is so good I can't see myself going in the garage and picking the 749.

Any way forecast is dry for tommorrow (Sat) - can't wait. I'll post some more when we've got a few more miles done

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JB - Sorry for the late reply - Great news about the bike - I am also trying to sell my bike, 748. Was thinking of keeping it but came to the same conclusion, would I ever take the 748 over the 1098. It crossed my mind well maybe I would take the 748 out if the weather was crap but then I have loved the 748 for 6 years and never taken it out in shite weather so why now...Oh how guilty I feel now, shopping her in for a younger, slimmer, sexier model and considering riding my old bird only when it damp in dank - Shame on me - Best she goes to someone who will love the way I did when she was the only one. She does still look damn hot though - Italian Bikes age better than Italian woman I think...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts