Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know quotes will vary wildly depending on where you live but has any done the leg work of phoning around for decent quotes yet?

Most of the Insurance Company websites still dont even list the 1098 in the drop down Model list for Ducati's so I cannot proceed with web based quotes.

Any recommendations appreciated - Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
hey, i tried ebikeinsurance an online company. Im 25 in feb with a duke 916 senna, 2 years license and one years no claims and 3 yrs experience. I got quoted 1356 fully comp... my 1098 arrives in April :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ducatijon said:
hey, i tried ebikeinsurance an online company. Im 25 in feb with a duke 916 senna, 2 years license and one years no claims and 3 yrs experience. I got quoted 1356 fully comp... my 1098 arrives in April :)
Thanks Jon - Am 32, 6 years licence - They quoted me £507 with £400 excess.

Thats the best quote I have had with DW Laxton (my current 748 and KTM EXC250 insurer) quoting £600 and Carol Nash quoting me £763.84!

I noticed a page in this months Bike mag with a load of insurance companies so will check that out and call them when I get home.

·
Registered
8 Posts
for what it's worth I tried ebike last December and in the absence of the 1098 on their drop down list I got a quote for a new 999 biposta and I want to keep my 1200 k5 bandit as well. I can't remember the excess but the quote was £670 fully comp for the 2 bike policy. I was pleasantly surprised. I am of course assuming that the 999 would be pretty much the same insurance risk as the 1098.

I don't get mine until the start of May. (just in time for the TT)

Oh, I am 45 with 1 years no claims and 26 years licence. How I managed to stay away from bikes for the 10 years between 1995 and 2005 is still a mystery to me!

Cheers,

Gavin.

·
Registered
38 Posts
floydstar said:
I know quotes will vary wildly depending on where you live but has any done the leg work of phoning around for decent quotes yet?

Most of the Insurance Company websites still dont even list the 1098 in the drop down Model list for Ducati's so I cannot proceed with web based quotes.

Any recommendations appreciated - Thanks
Ducati insurance: 37 yr old, 2 years NCB, bike licence for 10 years, 6 points, Dorset location, bike garaged no alarm. £650, £500 excess.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Like Gossa try Ducati insurance or Insure my Ducati or my current insurers Express Insurance ( They sponsor the Rizla Suzukis )
Last year I paid £240 fully comp for my 749R, £250 excess, age 47 clean licence riding 30 years, no claims.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Iam 22 with two yrs under the belt. And no tickets or accidents ever and I got $4,305.52 for a full year. I know its alot but I am new customer...so i said oookaayy and I called my dad up and his is primary and me as secondary and I got singed in at 1,255.00 this is in American.

·
Registered
438 Posts
In the Uk insurers are wise to people naming someone older as the primary rider/driver so they now base the quotes on the youngest named driver, good deal at $1200

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will try Ducati Insurance and let you know what they quote.
I Went bike to ebikeinsurance.co.uk site and added my others bikes to see what it would be and I was pleasantly suprised ~

For just the 1098S:
£532.35 Fully Comp with £400 Voluntary Excess

With all 3 bikes:
1098S
KTM EXC250R

£655.73 Fully Comp with £300 Voluntary Excess

Making that £123.38 FC for both my current bikes! Pretty good - The best quote so far by a long way.

Edvin - Damn thats a lot of money! Thats £2,183.56 - Thank your Dad for riding bikes! ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gavinbrowne said:
for what it's worth I tried ebike last December and in the absence of the 1098 on their drop down list I got a quote for a new 999 biposta and I want to keep my 1200 k5 bandit as well. I can't remember the excess but the quote was £670 fully comp for the 2 bike policy. I was pleasantly surprised. I am of course assuming that the 999 would be pretty much the same insurance risk as the 1098.

I don't get mine until the start of May. (just in time for the TT)

Oh, I am 45 with 1 years no claims and 26 years licence. How I managed to stay away from bikes for the 10 years between 1995 and 2005 is still a mystery to me!

Cheers,

Gavin.
Try the online quote at ebikeinsurance again Gavin - They are the first site I have seen to actually list the 1098 and 1098S in their drop down list and I got a very good quote from them. I spoke to Carol Nash on the phone and they say they prep the quote on a GSX1000R and will do until they can update their site. Cheers

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Some small print info:

Just spoke to my current insurers - http://www.dwlaxton.co.uk - Who have quoted £585 FC with £600 Excess. This is to insure the 1098S with additonal bits (termis etc) of which I said value of £16000.

This seems more than ebikeinsurance but looking at the small print ebikein... quoted me £532.35 Fully Comp with £400 Voluntary Excess BUT there is a compulsary excess on that policy of £900 - meaning a total excess of £1300

In the, hopefully unlikely event or trashing the bike or it getting nicked thats £1300 gone staight away.

So am going with dwlaxtons again.

Some info that went into the quote:
Biking: 6 years
Area: Somerset (BA3 xxx)
Nov 2003 - FC Comp Claim for car right off - £8250 pay out
Feb 2003 - SP30 - 3 points - £60 fine (2003 was not a good year)
Security - Locked Building with non-approved alarm system (£130 from ebay, siren and calls my mobile), Ducati Alarm system, Ground Anchor and onguard beast chain and lock.

Hopefully next year it will come down by about half - Laxtons expalined new (new models) bikes are always expensive when they forst come and quote should half (ish) the following year.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wickedquotes also gave a competitive quote:

www.wickedquotes.com

QUOTATION DETAILS
Vehicle : DUCATI 1098 S
Vechicle cc : 1099
Premium : gbp 595
Policy Excess : gbp 500
Voluntary Excess : gbp
Underwriter : NIG (Ducati Scheme)

·
Registered
62 Posts
You guys wana hear something funny. My dad dosn't even ride he hates these things. But he hates seeing me getting riped off so he had to he says.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Edvin1098s said:
You guys wana hear something funny. My dad dosn't even ride he hates these things. But he hates seeing me getting riped off so he had to he says.
hehe - thats cool - work the system man! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Floydstar,

I checked out e-bike again and I was right to select the 999 back in December. when I modified the second bike on the quote from the 999 to the 1098 the price was the same. £685. I also checked out the excess and it is coming in at £575 for the bandit and £900 for the 1098. Nearer to May I will look around a few other companies to make sure e-bike is competitive but if necessary I can live with their quote.

That's if I can survive until May!

Cheers,

Gavin.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
gavinbrowne said:
Floydstar,

I checked out e-bike again and I was right to select the 999 back in December. when I modified the second bike on the quote from the 999 to the 1098 the price was the same. £685. I also checked out the excess and it is coming in at £575 for the bandit and £900 for the 1098. Nearer to May I will look around a few other companies to make sure e-bike is competitive but if necessary I can live with their quote.

That's if I can survive until May!

Cheers,

Gavin.
Yeah if definitely a good quote just the excess is really high. I hear ya about the wait!

·
Registered
30 Posts
ducatijon said:
never thought of trying for both bikes...... fully comp for '97 senna and '07 1098 is £1600....... looking forward to the summer!!!!:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts