Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hurray,
We uncrated my new 2016 1199R today.
The dealer did not even know what to expect as its the first one he has gotten.
We were all surprised. No extra exhaust peipes on the 2016.
It comes with the entire Karpovic titanium head pipes and cans installed. He is assuming that the cans still have cats in them as otherwise he did not think it would make it through dot. He was not sure as to whether there are butterfly valves or baffles to open or close. We did not see anything on the pipes or cans.
Came with a flash drive to document your driving, a lithium ion trickle charger and an extra windshield and two titanium mirror covers for the holes if you do not want to mount them.
Thats it.
What a nice machine. Cant wait to drive it home tomorrow.
Thanks for answering all of my questions.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now thats funny.
I sold my Ferrari in 2010. It was great to look at and drive but a real pain in the ass to maintain.
It had more miles on a tow truck than on the odometer. ECU problems for years.

The ducati is easier to transport for service and way way cheaper.
I have come to the conclusion that anything Italian is high maintenance. Espresso machines, motorcycles, cars. Never tried wives though.
Cheers

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
Now thats funny.
I sold my Ferrari in 2010. It was great to look at and drive but a real pain in the ass to maintain.
It had more miles on a tow truck than on the odometer.
I feel your pain. I had a similar situation with an Aston Martin DBS. Kept breaking suspension parts on our crappy road system where I live and getting towed to the dealership. Thankfully it was under warranty and leased so a complete tax write off for the three yrs I had it.

Congrats on the R it's a fine looking machine!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nothing wrong with that Tracy.
I tell myself even now that should have just bought a pristine 888sp like I used to have to scratch the itch I have had since I sold it 25 years ago. Now I have to worry about a brand new bike again.

I have come to the conclusion that the more things you own the more they own you and the more costly they are the worse it is as well when you wreck them and have to maintain them.
there are a lot of nice bikes out there.
Good luck.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Nothing wrong with that Tracy.
I tell myself even now that should have just bought a pristine 888sp like I used to have to scratch the itch I have had since I sold it 25 years ago. Now I have to worry about a brand new bike again.

I have come to the conclusion that the more things you own the more they own you and the more costly they are the worse it is as well when you wreck them and have to maintain them.
there are a lot of nice bikes out there.
Good luck.
break-in is a tad agonizing if you follow the rules (you should, although i know many that have not) - after that, i don't think you'll need to look back...i know i never have - it's more "thanks for the memories", then wanting the old one back..."but thats just me" :smoking:

Good Luck & Enjoy It !! everyone deserves a Panigale-R !!

·
Registered
378 Posts
I feel your pain. I had a similar situation with an Aston Martin DBS. Kept breaking suspension parts on our crappy road system where I live and getting towed to the dealership. Thankfully it was under warranty and leased so a complete tax write off for the three yrs I had it.

Congrats on the R it's a fine looking machine!!
I also had huge problems with Aston DBS...one example...in the fuel tank there was a non return valve that failed.....the NRV only cost £60 to replace.....labour £5k...!!

Its now gone.....I bought a Desmosedici instead...! :)

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Its always a great sight and feeling being there to see your newest gem being uncrated and set up directly out of the box! Actually used to leave butterflies in my stomach when they removed the first box panel! lol :)

Wishing you the very best with this beauty Spotswood and hoping you go out there and wring it out as hard as humanly possible during your "Break In " or whatever the others in different countries seem to call it. HA!

Congratulations to you and all the best for 2016 on that sweet ride bro!

·
Registered
732 Posts
I also had huge problems with Aston DBS...one example...in the fuel tank there was a non return valve that failed.....the NRV only cost £60 to replace.....labour £5k...!!

Its now gone.....I bought a Desmosedici instead...! :)
:stickpoke .....I'm not knocking your choice on going from the Aston Martin DBS to a desmosedici, but you pretty much have gone from the frying pan, directly into the fire :kaioken:

No matter what comes of sedici ownership (hopefully you'll have many many trouble free miles) the bike itself will satisfy all your Motorcyle needs despite any "issues" the sedici may generate

·
Registered
378 Posts
:stickpoke .....I'm not knocking your choice on going from the Aston Martin DBS to a desmosedici, but you pretty much have gone from the frying pan, directly into the fire :kaioken:

No matter what comes of sedici ownership (hopefully you'll have many many trouble free miles) the bike itself will satisfy all your Motorcyle needs despite any "issues" the sedici may generate
No trouble so far RD16....!

I think I have a goody thats well maintained by the people who know...! :BoomSmilie_anim:

·
Registered
732 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.