Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My insurance company hire an fire expert to come inspect the bike and the dealer is responsible , the bike went up aug 6 after I recently got repairs done aug 5 2020, 1 day after repairs and Ducati has done nothing to take care of me after I was hurt and almost lost my life, I’ve been a loyal customer, I’ve lost patience with this matter and will take my legal matters into serious hands.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yes , what happen was it was an oil leak and it got on the headers and went up while riding, I was on the bike when it was smoking/on fire, a friend of mines was riding with me and we have it on video , it’s a dealer name Ducati Detroit a few miles away from where I live who just recently touched my bike the day before and they are responsible.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Muy caliente...
Happy that you are alive. If Ducati Detroit were found to be responsible, I'm not sure why Ducati would have to take care of you. What makes this complicated is that you were injured. At that point, only lawyers and insurance companies should be involved. Ducati Detroit should be responsible for replacing the bike, and any ensuing medical bills related to bodily injury.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Muy caliente...
Happy that you are alive. If Ducati Detroit were found to be responsible, I'm not sure why Ducati would have to take care of you. What makes this complicated is that you were injured. At that point, only lawyers and insurance companies should be involved. Ducati Detroit should be responsible for replacing the bike, and any ensuing medical bills related to bodily injury.
Yes you are absolutely right, but Ducati North America is around for a reason, Ducati Detroit are fucking over there customers, they need to strip this guy the owner at ducati Detroit from that business, this was a terrible experience , it’s a story behind the fire, that dealer ship is a piece of shit, the way they talk to there employees and overprice there customers

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes you are absolutely right, but Ducati North America is around for a reason, little do you know but they are involved too as well with the decisions they made to cover for Ducati Detroit not giving a damn about there customers but Ducati Detroit are fucking over there customers, they need to strip this guy the owner at ducati Detroit from that business, this was a terrible experience , it’s a story behind the fire, that dealer ship is a piece of shit, the way they talk to there employees and overprice there customers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
First and foremost I am glad you are safe, unbelievable that this can happen and no one from Ducati Detriot is coming to help? I am sorry about the motorcycle but so happy you managed to get off safely.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Yes you are absolutely right, but Ducati North America is around for a reason, Ducati Detroit are fucking over there customers, they need to strip this guy the owner at ducati Detroit from that business, this was a terrible experience , it’s a story behind the fire, that dealer ship is a piece of shit, the way they talk to there employees and overprice there customers
This isn't a failure of the motorcycle, but appears to be technician negligence. Therefor I don't see why Ducati North America should get involved. This needs to be hashed out between lawyers and insurance companies.

Ducati Detroit has a 4.7 / 5 rating on google and 4.5 / 5 on yelp. I assume they also move quite a bit of merch for Ducati. I don't know your backstory or history with them, but it sounds unpleasant. It also looks as if a ton of people are happy with their services. So again, not too sure why Ducati NA would get involved.

I'll ask this question though, how exactly do you expect them to help? Keep in mind that chewing them out on a forum won't give them any motivation to help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This isn't a failure of the motorcycle, but appears to be technician negligence. Therefor I don't see why Ducati North America should get involved. This needs to be hashed out between lawyers and insurance companies.

Ducati Detroit has a 4.7 / 5 rating on google and 4.5 / 5 on yelp. I assume they also move quite a bit of merch for Ducati. I don't know your backstory or history with them, but it sounds unpleasant. It also looks as if a ton of people are happy with their services. So again, not too sure why Ducati NA would get involved.

I'll ask this question though, how exactly do you expect them to help? Keep in mind that chewing them out on a forum won't give them any motivation to help.
First of all, I have a story and it’s fucked up how they fucked over a loyal customer that reps there gear to work and on a daily basis , so let me give you a little info , I don’t give a fuck about no review , a lot of my friends would give a O, you don’t no the backstory of this solution , but let me just assure you they fucked me over big time.

·
Registered
351 Posts
This unfortunately sounds like you have more issues with this dealer than you are letting on. You mention the way they talk to their employees, so you either were one? or a friend is? You also seem to be moaning about overpricing, again it sounds like you have something you aren't telling us...
Slandering a company on a public forum will not endear you to them. It definitely won't want them to go out of their way to help you. This as others have said is a job for Lawyers and Insurance to sort out, leave the name calling out as you'll find it tells more about your character than theirs!
Hopefully you get a satisfactory outcome, and will be interesting to hear what the exact issue was once its all sorted out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts