Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed out the 3 cables on my ST2 to all 4 ga. welding lead, copper ends and attached to top of battery. Product
Auto part Vehicle Engine Automotive tire Car
Had a small issue. Plug-in on solenoid from start button had a slight signs of getting hot so I wanted to clean it up. Was a bit difficult to get off so had to work it off. In the process I expanded the female connectors inside the plug Auto part Car Wheel
Got them closed back down a little and got a nice snug fit. While doing this upgrade I noticed what looks to be a diode of some sort. I would appreciate knowing the reason for its need. So the cable upgrade was great. Starts much quicker and easier. Total cost for parts were under $25. Assembled myself and saved a ton of $ over ordering them online. Would definitely recommend the upgrade.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! The combination of new cables and the sprag fix really changed the the way it starts. Now hit the button an it fires right off. So far so good with all the repairs I made this time (cables,sprag and clutch line). I don't want to jinx myself but Im really enjoying getting to know this bike.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh and the diode. I plan on having a chat with my new friend at the battery shop that hooked me up with all the cable parts and see what he thinks about the diode

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.