Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Ive been having problem after problem with my bike, spent thousands over the past 2 years and still doesn't run right (or currently at all...). I decided to stop flushing $ down the dealer's toilet and try to fix it myself. First I want to put in a lithium battery and heard its good to have an upgraded regulator when using a lithium battery because lithium batteries dont like the older charging system. I have a few questions:

1. Is this the correct regulator for the 1098?: https://www.ebay.com/itm/SHINDENGEN-MOSFET-FH020AA-REGULATOR-RECTIFIER-KIT-NEW-GENUINE-SHINDENGEN/380704480069

2. Is it plug and play or do I need to do some rewiring?

3. Anything else I should replace before a lithium battery?

Thank you in advance!!

·
Registered
806 Posts
This is covered extensively in the How-To section.
Also, Roadstercycle.com is the only safe source for new aftermarket MosFet RRs.

You are welcome

·
Registered
208 Posts
thats the regulator i use since 2016, used from ebay for 64 euros. i modified the cables yes. I also use a Zippy 4s2p 8400mAh lifepo4 battery (chinese RC battery from hobbyking 75 euros), also modified cables, since january 2015.

it works fine with both ever since. battery is kind of down lately but the bike still starts after a month inside the garage.

my point is that with a new FA020AA and a new lithium battery AND some cabling maintenance around there (take a look at SHIDO also, its AFAM company with very decent products) it will work wonderfully.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is covered extensively in the How-To section.
Also, Roadstercycle.com is the only safe source for new aftermarket MosFet RRs.

You are welcome
Shoot sorry man, i did a search and found a few threads but couldnt find what i was looking for. Didnt see a how-to, ill look again

So the roadcycle regulator requires soldering right? (I assume they all do?) Ill admit, im absolutely terrible at soldering/welding lol :/

thats the regulator i use since 2016, used from ebay for 64 euros. i modified the cables yes. I also use a Zippy 4s2p 8400mAh lifepo4 battery (chinese RC battery from hobbyking 75 euros), also modified cables, since january 2015.

it works fine with both ever since. battery is kind of down lately but the bike still starts after a month inside the garage.

my point is that with a new FA020AA and a new lithium battery AND some cabling maintenance around there (take a look at SHIDO also, its AFAM company with very decent products) it will work wonderfully.
Thanks man, I got the WPS featherweight battery

And i doubt this will fix my starting issue, but its one more thing to weed out and one step closer to having a reliable bike... Im really starting to hate this bike to be honest with you lol

·
Registered
208 Posts
hah yeah i get the feeling, i ve had issues in the past with other things, what matters in the end is having an experienced mechanic to work on it. my 1098 has been working trouble free for 3 years now. good luck!

·
Registered
806 Posts
I wasn't going to make it that easy for him... I think it's really odd how people claim to have searched.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts