Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

I am in the process of connecting a gopro,gps and valentine1 on my 1198. Thinking of using a cigarette and usb connectors to finish the process.
Has any one use this type of adaptors in their bikes? I trying to find information about how reliable and dependable this devices actually perform in the real world.
If you had any experiences can you please advice?
Tanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
I've used both in the past and found the cigarette lighter socket doesn't fair too well with the vibrations of a v-twin. The socket liked to loose connection. I currently run just a double USB with weather cap on it and it works great.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I've been using this guy, not a permanent mount but it's good for charging my phone or my Sena headset while I'm off my bike I just get a USB extension and lock whatever I'm charging in my tail. Works really good

Attachments

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
I've been using this guy, not a permanent mount but it's good for charging my phone or my Sena headset while I'm off my bike I just get a USB extension and lock whatever I'm charging in my tail. Works really good
I actually carry one of these in my jacket pocket. I have a heated vest/battery tender lead on my bike so this gives me one more quick port to charge things on. Thankfully my phone, GPS and Scala Rider don't draw much so all 3 can be plugged in at once when stopping for lunch on a long haul.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I actually carry one of these in my jacket pocket. I have a heated vest/battery tender lead on my bike so this gives me one more quick port to charge things on. Thankfully my phone, GPS and Scala Rider don't draw much so all 3 can be plugged in at once when stopping for lunch on a long haul.
Damn! So convenient lol

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
It's just one of those things you don't think about until u actually have it. Than it turns into a necessity haha

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Ok today I hardwired the usb device to my battery. While at it, I also wired my valentine one radar detector to #1 Key on 10Amp fuse. Since the valentine one has it's own 2 Amp fuse I think it will be safe. I will post images tomorrow. I am trying to make the wires look organized. Finally, I left the battery tender attached so that it can be used just in case.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Update, I connected the sub/cigarette lighter connector along with hardwire of the valentine one.
Everything went ok. However, I was not happy for the install. In the future, I will replace the usb connector with a double usb connector only. No cigarette combo because the double usb is smaller and can go in much tighter spaces. By=ut I think that is all I need. I believe cigarette connectors are ok but there are better options for duc owner.
Just to make sure I had a good ground, I performed a Voltage drop test on the ground side of the circuit using my multimeter.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a similar setup but I leave it disconnected until I need it because the USB side uses power somehow drawing down on the battery.

Be aware

Craig

Thanks for the info. I will keep an eye on it. This particular device, has a turn on switch. At the off switch position, do you think that the unit will still draw power from the battery?

I welcome your input:blind:

·
Registered
632 Posts
Thanks for the info. I will keep an eye on it. This particular device, has a turn on switch. At the off switch position, do you think that the unit will still draw power from the battery?

I welcome your input:blind:
Put a Multimeter on it to check while in the off position.

Craig

·
Registered
200 Posts
I still need to install my cellpjone mount but this is what I did on mine. The power source is straight to the battery but through the charging plug, it already have a infuse fuse but I can just plug it only when I need it and unplug it if I dont.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
I run a redline radar detector sometimes (if you are a radar nerd, the V1 and Redline are the two arguably best units out there) and i just hardwired my power cable to the battery. Let me find the other thread i posted pics of my setup on. I have a USB plug setup also but its burried under the fairing and i have a usb charge cable for my phone right next to the radar power cable.

View attachment 91987

View attachment 91988

View attachment 91989

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.