Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi recently purchased a MY21 Panigale V4
I was expecting engine chatter & vibration at low rpm the last thing I to do Labour the engine running it in, mine does chatter /vibration under light throttle below 4000rpm and smooths out under light Throttle to 5500rpm , today I have 300kms so I opened the throttle to 30-40% @ 5000 to 6000rpm and experienced engine vibration, is this normal ? Can you tell me what yours is like and what can I expect.
Note; 2017 I have a demo ride of a Monster but purchase a MT09A In line triple and before that I had a Aprilia Shiver the twin 750 and it was butter smooth no vibration
I currently own a GSX R1000 well as my daily ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
During breakin when dealer said better not go above 5000rpm. After I get in 2nd gear, about 3800rpm there is a short moment of engine silent until 3900rpm. Is yours the same?

·
Registered
6,901 Posts
Breaking in my new 1098R was a huge pain in the ass!! 600 miles of agony!! After I followed the procedure, I removed all that street stuff and installed the OEM furnished race exhaust
And ecu....and it was ON to Ducati fun and joy!!
Never looked back!! 😎

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys for your replys,
9015 yep the same! the V4 not happy under 4000rpm ,and the dealer told me 5500rpm max for run in , so riding the 300kms first up to 5000rpm , I and only once overtaking briefly shorting shifting between 5000-6000rpm 2nd 3nd & 4th the bike is super fast, varying the rpm & load is good thing to do when running in, but wasn’t expecting the engine vibration! guess it adds to the drama!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all,
Just had the first service 1000km service & bit the bullet & had the Ducati/Akra racing slip on kit with up map fitted by Ducati, with all DB killers out!
And Wow its a different bike like night & day apart from the Moto GP V4 soundtrack , On the street its not too loud riding normal, but does roar up top!!
The mapping is the key! engine vibration is near gone its butter smooth , much easier to ride in traffic @ low rpm & can adjust setting for instant throttle response ( abrupt if you want it to be )
Big difference noticed in that tall first gear is Taking off, more torque much easier to pull away with out labouring or loading up the cutch & now power wheelie's effortlessly in first gear from around 4000 & all then hell breaks loose above 8000.
For a brand new bike I think its an definite investment adding resale value & the ease of no hassles if any problems occur due eg warranty being a Ducati part & fitted & tuned by Ducati.
I have been looking at all the options, costs of aftermarket kits & history with my other bikes currently own an 2018 GSX R1000R caused some headaches & rework, re dyno tuning ,time wasting etc.
So am very happy!

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Plant Car Personal luxury car
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive design Plant Car Personal luxury car

1 - 6 of 6 Posts