Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what other 1198 with term exhaust and 5am ECU settings were . I seen my spark advance was at 8 and the fuel trim was in the 20's . I bought the VDST to reset the TPS and maintenance light and since I did that the bike runs really rich and kinda down on power . I'm not sure how resetting those would cause that issue but it has . I'm going to put a CO2 sniffer on it later to accurately set the AFR but what percentage should I try to get ? I read somewhere that 4% was about 13:1 AFR , does that seem correct ? Also does the spark advance seem to be correct at 8 ?

Sorry if this topic has been beat to death but I searched high and low and couldn't find definite numbers on the spark adv and AFR

·
Registered
610 Posts
the spark advance is set with the ecu map and you cannot modify it, the co% that works best for me is between 3 and 3.5 each cyl (sniff them individually from the headers and not from the tailpipe).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sniffed the CO2 from the tail pipe and at idle it was 8% and the O2 held at 4% . I guess if I want it perfect I need to have it dyno tuned .

·
Registered
610 Posts
Nick, the problem with sampling from the tail pipe is you can have a cyl running @ 12% and the other @ 4 % but since the headers go from 2 to 1 to 2 the overhaul mix you get is 8%, is not accurate, you have to do it from each header @ the allen plug.

I meant CO and not CO2........... also you don't have to have it dyno tuned to set CO, you do it @ idle with VDST.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Apart from basic settings from what I understand you can not tune the DP ECU.
Fuel off idle and spark can't be adjusted if you want to do that you need to go aftermarket ECU

·
Registered
'12 848evo, '13 Hypermotard SP, '94 CBR600f2 track bike, '06 CBR600rr track bike
890 Posts
Nick, the problem with sampling from the tail pipe is you can have a cyl running @ 12% and the other @ 4 % but since the headers go from 2 to 1 to 2 the overhaul mix you get is 8%, is not accurate, you have to do it from each header @ the allen plug.

I meant CO and not CO2........... also you don't have to have it dyno tuned to set CO, you do it @ idle with VDST.

I just got VDST, what do you need to read CO along with vdst?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts