Ducati.org forum banner

Very small oil leak after new Pressure Plate, springs and caps install

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  onesaintsfan 
#1 ·
After installing a new open clutch cover, springs and caps I have noticed a very small oil leak at the bottom of the clutch cover. My pushrod was stuck to the pressure plate bearing so I pulled it out with the along with the cover.

It would appear from some googling that maybe when I slid the rod and pressure plate back in from the right side that has caused this leak.

I have ordered the replacement O-rings and seal from Desmo times but don't know when it will be here.

To be on the safe side I went back in and removed the slave cylinder and pulled the rod out from the left side. It took some effort but I finally freed the rod and was able to pull it out. I cleaned and lubed the slave O ring and the two on the left side of the rod.

I guess possibly the other seal may be damaged on the pressure plate side.

I have going to barbers this weekend and just don have time to pull the clutch etc. again so am just hoping for the best.

When I get the O-rings and seal from Desmo times I hope I have time to install it before Austin MotoGP.

Will this small leak cause me problems at my track day?

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
All is well

took the pushrod out from the slave side and cleaned and lubed the rod. Gently put in back in and all is well. No more leaks. I did order the O-Ring kit from Desmo times and have that on hand. Taking her to Ducati Island next weekend then NOLA for another track day. I will replace them at the first opportunity. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.