Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i would just like to know, in Victoria i herd that having the number plate sit right at the back near the exhaust pipes it highly illegal but then hearing from a few mates that there is a loop hole in this somthing about 45 degrees and 20 meters back, now i tried searching on the net but nothing.

The other day i was right in front of the cop and they did nothing i dont get it :S

http://www.competitionwerkes.com/products/Ducati/2009/848/ltd-fender-eliminator-1

Ducati 848 2009

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
...well, as I understand it, there has to be a 'mudguard'/plate hanging down.... to a 45 degree tangent from the rear wheel origin.
No one has this anyway, since we all ditched the 'airbrake' for a noice simple plate under the exhaust
....so, illegal is, as illegal does.....but some are more 'in ya face you copper-cunt' than others.

...still, not being a saint, I have my plate on velcro so i can remove it from the scene in times of need....

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
.....oh....sorry, in short, Duke, no. That is illegal in AU brother

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok well I guess when my luck runs out I wear the lose of it but I guess its half the fun ..they keep us on our toes hahs

Your keen on the velcro good idea but so risky ...
I guess time will telll

·
Registered
223 Posts
In Australia think there is an ADR that says that from the centre of the rear axle to the bottom of the guard there has to be at a 45 degree angle from the horizontal. Must be some sort of ruling on the mounting of the plate on the skateboard piece of plastic that is on the rear when we take delivery....

Anyone know the rules on this?

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Of course your conversion is illegal, but if you can get away with it, why not? Of course you will plead innocence if you get pulled..
The cops aren't too bad generally here in SA, but they have been known to be hot on the rear 'guard, and the reflector.
So I've still got mine on, in spite of the extensive lightening/modding I've done on the rest of my bike, but I do a lot of miles, and I don't need the hassle.
If it helps me get away with zooming around with full Termi exhaust etc. it's worth it to me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have my plate on velcro so i can remove it from the scene in times of need....
Nice, top idea this one :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got done a few years ago for having a number plate in that position, the law is, as far as I know, the plate has to be visible from 45 degrees either side of the bike and above.
There also has to be a red reflector at 45 degrees from the rear wheel axle and the swing arm pivot point (draw a line from the pivot point to the rear axle then go up 45 degrees).

I’ve also found out (the hard way) that obscuring your number plate (accidentally with a rego badge) gets you a big fine, having no number plate doesn’t get you a fine, just a trip down the vehicle inspectors.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got done a few years ago for having a number plate in that position, the law is, as far as I know, the plate has to be visible from 45 degrees either side of the bike and above.
There also has to be a red reflector at 45 degrees from the rear wheel axle and the swing arm pivot point (draw a line from the pivot point to the rear axle then go up 45 degrees).

I’ve also found out (the hard way) that obscuring your number plate (accidentally with a rego badge) gets you a big fine, having no number plate doesn’t get you a fine, just a trip down the vehicle inspectors.
So are you able to tell me what im.ruffley looking at when i get busted?

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
a canery, and a trip to MVA
...and put back all the OEM bits and silencers and...fark, what a trip...block out a spare weekend, and a day off work

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
oh, and the center of a circle, when drawing a related tangent, is called the ORIGIN.

Anyway, I dont mind anyone restating my posts...doesnt really waste my time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts