Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
nice dude

Pretty cool video. Seems like they are all about a second a lap within each other give or take. I am biased though. I think ducati makes real great looking machines. Just plain bad ass.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
great line-up of bikes ..

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I would assume those were just snippets and I would bet they rode the piss out of all of them.
you would think but the snippets we saw didnt justify that as garrett agrees below too

I would agree. The helmet camera angles in the corners looked far from a maximum lean.
thats what made me notice the difference but the bimmer seems to be flyin through some of those corners, just about every review ive heard has put that bike at the top so it wouldnt surprise me if it was just that much easier to ride for the testers

·
Registered
183 Posts
I fitted a full Akra (no other mods) to an S1000RR last month it made 196bhp on the same Dyno 1198's make 160, BUT: I know the chap well and he rides with his mate often who has his K7 GSXR1000, it made 171bhp on the same dyno but whoops the shite out of the S1000RR most of the time, ok ok two riders with different skills etc etc but the S1000RR is always chopping in with anti wheelie and tc, by the time the BMW has it sorted the GSX has gone....! If he turns it all off the bike just points to the sky...and he dont like the sky...lol Have a rode one? NO! He won't let me ride it! He claims I would thrash it!! I only wish....lol At the end of the day you have got to be someone real good to split any modern sports bike, and if your a racer then maybe you can say ones better than the other, for me I think they are all supersonic.. :)

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
I would assume those were just snippets and I would bet they rode the piss out of all of them.
Anyone else notice the Ducati was the only bike with another bike in front...had to be just snippets.

Should have tested the SP also not base.

·
Registered
148 Posts
yeah, Aprilia was factory and the Duke was a simple 1198 not an SP.. but anyway, everything that you see in magazines is heavy payed.. by constructors obviously.
so.. take it only for the footage and nice filming not the result.. the only real results can be seen in World SBK where these machines are put on limit by real pro riders.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
the only real results can be seen in World SBK where these machines are put on limit by real pro riders.
Isn't that the racing circuit where Ducati wins more than all other manufacturers combined?:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts