Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
VIDEO: How to Repair a Ducati Stuck in Gear & Selector Mechanism Upgrade SVC-09-009

Many of us have experienced the Ducati shift issue related to the shift mechanism on our bikes. In May of 2009, Ducati issued a Service Bulletin (SVC-09-009), and developed and made available a gear selector mechanism upgrade kit to address the problem. In this video, I show you how to fix a stuck, jammed or locked up shifter, and how to install the upgrade kit.

I want to thank Dutch848 for previewing the video. He provided some excellent insight that's reflected in this final version!

Track riding season is over, and this is the first of a series of maintenance related videos that I plan to complete this winter.

I hope you find it useful!

Full URL: https://youtu.be/yGJvMAuzR7U

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
I'm not sure if Ducati should pay you or hate you :D

Although I would gladly donate to a pay pal for your video efforts!

Reactions: Charles

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I went through this a few months ago. Thank you for reminding me of my nightmare. haha.

Your thrust washer tip is good.
And the threaded rod is a GREAT idea... i fought getting my cover back on.

I did not use the flywheel holder. For me, it wasnt needed. But your video is definitly the correct approach

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went through this a few months ago. Thank you for reminding me of my nightmare. haha.

Your thrust washer tip is good.
And the threaded rod is a GREAT idea... i fought getting my cover back on.

I did not use the flywheel holder. For me, it wasnt needed. But your video is definitly the correct approach

Yeah, unfortunately I learned the hard way regarding the thrust washer. Had one to slip down onto the crankshaft and it turned in to a 'crushed' washer. I picked up the threaded rod idea from another forum member a couple of years ago, and it really makes it easy to slip the cover back on. I highly recommend it...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great content on your YouTube page sir.
Thank you! Now that winter season is upon us (where I live), my goal is to publish a new maintenance/repair video once every two to three weeks. I've got several in the 'pipeline' that I'm working on so be sure to subscribe!

Great stuff man!
Thanks Tadashi!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any plans on tackling a Desmo service in the near future?
Definitely! That was on my list earlier this year but I got way too busy with work (and track days!), so I had my local dealership do it. The next timing belt renewal and valve check/adjustment will be recorded and uploaded.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah.. given the plethora of "please help, my bike is stuck in gear, won't shift into gear, or skips out of gear after I dropped it" posts on this site, this video should go in the bin for sticky post of the year.

LOL, thanks Rusty. I agree, there has been a large number of posts on this topic over the last several years. That's one of the reasons I made this video. I have responded to many threads myself trying to talk owners through the fix (with pics). I hope this video helps out every owner who experiences this pesky little problem!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.