Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, here's my latest video; If you're considering the addition of a rear hugger on your 848, or other similar Ducati, this video walks you through the process. I also answer the question: What is the purpose of a rear hugger...

Enjoy!

Full URL: https://youtu.be/jdB-nFirIo8

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My search is on for a new rear hugger, and I suppose I'll end up going with a 'short' one in order to eliminate the tire rubbing issue encountered after I changed my final drive. I like the looks of the longer one better, but if a short one actually works in keeping road grime and gunk from flinging onto my rear shock and engine, that's the most important part. For me, looks are secondary, but important.

Have any of you installed a Sling Shot Racing hugger? The price on this one is decent, and I believe it would alleviate the tire rubbing issue that I have with the long one.

Any feedback is appreciated...

LINK TO SLINGSHOT RACING HUGGER:
Slingshot Racing : Ducati 848 1098 1198 Carbon Fiber Rear Hugger - $79.99

·
Registered
296 Posts
I got a short one on mine, Wanna trade? I want a longer one and I plan on staying stock. 2013 Evo 848. It came with the bike when I bought it last June. Ill double check what brand tonight.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I might consider a trade. Go ahead and check the brand and send me some pics via pm. I would have to be certain that the quality is similar to the one I have now. If it's similar in quality and in good condition, I would be open to discuss further.

I'll keep an eye out for your pm...

·
Registered
296 Posts
OK I got some pictures, sorry they are not the best. I work in suit and tie all day Tuesdays and Wensdays and being that we have snow, did not get a chance to pull out the bike from the garage. I will on Thursday and take it off and look for a logo. I gotta do some maintenance anyways 😁 I also emailed Ducati dealership to see if they have an RO since I believe they sold it and installed it with the original owner. (I am 2nd and it only had 1000 miles 😁) Auto part Pipe Muffler Automotive exhaust Carbon Auto part Fuel line Vehicle Engine Motorcycle accessories Auto part Vehicle Car Carbon Engine Auto part Vehicle Carbon Car Auto part Vehicle Carbon Hood Car Auto part Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Car Tire Auto part Vehicle Automotive tire Car

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK I got some pictures, sorry they are not the best.
Thanks for posting the pics joker... I like this style okay, but at this point I'm leaning more toward the Shift-Tech or similar style--I like the contours better.

I picked up one of these about a year ago on ebay from a UK company.

Nice fit around the rear shock area and the quality is first class.

Ducati 848 1098 Carbon Rear Hugger Longer | eBay
... this is closer to the style that I'll end up going with.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I called Shift-Tech Friday and spoke with Guido; I told him that I was considering a Shift-Tech replacement hugger for my existing one because of the tire rubbing issue. He advised me that before I buy a new one, I should try to raise the one I have. Today I mocked it up and this is how it came out (I still need to tweak the hardware a little). I used some nylon/plastic spacers approximately 1/4" in length to raise the hugger. The tire no longer rubs against the inside of the hugger, so this appears to be an option. The hugger doesn't rest on the surface of the swingarm, but I suppose it would still keep all of the road grime from flinging onto the rear shock, ride height linkage and back side of the vertical cylinder.

It seems sturdy, what do you guys think?

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.