Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who has raced a car on streets track etc how it go? Just thought about posting this since today I was challenged by a car and left them behind :)

·
Registered
'12 848evo, '13 Hypermotard SP, '94 CBR600f2 track bike, '06 CBR600rr track bike
909 Posts
I would be amazed if you didn't. 848EVO, did not provoke these but smoked challenger srt, corvette's, Porsche's , Ferrari's, pretty easy for a 1/4 mile or less. outright top speed would be different.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Been beat by a Nissan GTR. At a light, dude was a few lanes over and not only did I not know he was there, I didn't know we were racing. Basically it was the fastest and loudest car I've ever seen/heard.

Of course once I knew what was happening, I romped on it and stayed with him up to about 140 mph and we both quit. Besides that, never been even close to loosing.

·
Registered
438 Posts
On the street My twin turbo350z([email protected] & 690TQ) walks on all 600.750,1000 at speed. except some of the big guy's on Turbo'ed Busa's running 350+hp.

Up here everyone runs from a roll(20,40,60mph's) depending on the turbo size. If it was from a dig hands down the 848. Shit my car gets beat by stockers because of the horse power and torque I don't get good traction till 80mph.

There is a gallardo and a GTR that comes up here from TX both have over 1500hp at the wheels and for the life of him he can't run from a dig the tranny's will explode they can't handle the power. or as people put it on the streets the transmissions are made of glass.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
It's funny, I never had a problem beating guys out of a light with my 848, but top speed? Forgetaboutit. Good/fast car's will win every time due to the aerodynamics alone.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
So who has raced a car on streets track etc how it go? Just thought about posting this since today I was challenged by a car and left them behind :)
Seems pretty vague. What type of race was it? What car? Was a it a Ford Pinto? Or a Koenigsegg Agera? Pretty important details...

I don't "race" cars on the street because it's pointless...assuming you mean drag race. Everyone thinks they're tough shit, but they don't realize that to match the power-to-weight ratio of a liter bike or equivalent, you need to be in a car that has somewhere in the 900-1200 hp and that doesn't weigh like 4000+ lbs. The new 1199R or 1199SL can beat a McLaren P1 up to a 1-mile drag race (yes, this has been tested, not just theory). Hell, a stock CBR 1000 can be faster off the line than an F1 car!!!...but not everyone has the skill to do it.

Reactions: ANORXIC'51

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I still curse the powers that made that event happen for not figuring out a way to get Casey on at least one of the 'customer' RCVs. THAT would've made for an interesting test. :)
Yea, but he would've still lost, just not quite as bad. The difference in lap times between F1 cars and even the top MotoGP bikes is just outrageous. There aren't many tracks that they both run (and same layout), but one that comes to mind is COTA. Sure, one can argue that track suits cars more than bikes, but still...Marquez's record lap was about 27-28 seconds slower than Vettel's record lap in his F1 car.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
No motorcycle is ever beating an F1 car on a race track.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Off the line for a 100 yards yes
I don't think so and here is why. What makes modern bikes start well is their electronics. Turn all that off, the F1 car will destroy the bike off the line.

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
:laughing::laughing::laughing:Turn off the electronics in an Fi car and it will not start!!!!

Reactions: rubbish

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
So, you're saying modern F1 doesn't have electronic driver aids?
F1 went single ECU years ago, eliminating all driver aids. Traction control and launch control were eliminated before the V8 days. Today, the clutch engagement on start is done by hand, by the driver. They put the car into gear and hold both paddles. Then they raise the RPM's and when they want to go, they slowly let go of the paddles, which engages the clutch.

In the past, the drivers could simply floor the gas pedal and off they'd go. Those days are long, long, long gone. F1 car's today are actually harder to drive because of stupid rules like the introduction of KERS (Kinetic Energy Recovery System) and DRS (Drag Reduction System). Both of these are used together in order to make passes on other cars.

Why shut off modern bike electronics, that's what makes them great!
Different subject for another thread. My point was, any vehicle with launch control will beat a F1 car off the line. Even the playing field by turning off launch control and the F1 car will zoom by before you can turn your head to see where it's going.

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
OMG.... Ft expert 2.....Go " tooned " Go!!!

Reactions: Planepower

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
LOL....that's a big "IF"....if the F1 car was missing a tire, it would lose. Or like Bob said, if the F1 car turned off its electronics, it would also lose. If, if, if....we're talking about "what IS". Stoner just proved you wrong. But on a closed course race track, nothing beats an F1 car!

Reactions: Planepower

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Sometimes shit doesn't come out of his mouth and I think to myself "Wow, I can agree with Tye"

Then he has to keep opening his mouth and the inevitable stream of sewage flows like the Mississippi in storm season.

I'm sure he could quite easily argue with himself, both sides of the story, and then declare himself right in both cases.

Fantasy man.

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Gr8 post!!!#!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Sometimes shit doesn't come out of his mouth and I think to myself "Wow, I can agree with Tye"

Then he has to keep opening his mouth and the inevitable stream of sewage flows like the Mississippi in storm season.

I'm sure he could quite easily argue with himself, both sides of the story, and then declare himself right in both cases.

Fantasy man.
:yo:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.