Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Questions to you guys-since I know there are more than a handful of members on here can purchase at least one of these machines with their fun funds:

How exclusive is the Vyrus? Do they do back account check like Bugatti (Bugatti is fugly anyway)

Not that I am considering purchasing one, just a curiosity (hopefully it won't kill the cat)

Cheers

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Dong.. Vyrus motorcycles are quite rare, especially in the US.

They have been around a short time and only make like a few models.

Don't think that there mass produced .. narrow market of collectors too IMO.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dong.. Vyrus motorcycles are quite rare, especially in the US.

They have been around a short time and only make like a few models.

Don't think that there mass produced .. narrow market of collectors too IMO.
Oh no, I understand the "rare" part.

I've been reading about them since the pre-984 2V with the underbelly exhaust. The damn connectors for the ECU/electronics were about $600 each and I remember reading there is about 12 of them on the bike. And this was the 984.

Was very curious because as stated, I know in this forum we have members who could probably buy 2, one for display and one to ride. I just wanted to know how hard it is to obtain one :p

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Can't be too difficult if you have money. Never understood how some people think that's some kind of great accomplishment though. Build something and then I'll be impressed.

Reactions: Donger

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't be too difficult if you have money. Never understood how some people think that's some kind of great accomplishment though. Build something and then I'll be impressed.
I like the hub steering of the bike. Plus it's different with the supercharged R engine :D

I learned about ISR in Sweden makes the hub steering, but the damn piece is $10k

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I just wanted to know how hard it is to obtain one :p
Not hard at all .. you can always hit them up if your that curious.

VYRUS NORTH AMERICA

Bimota Spirit

5151 Old Timber Rd, Raleigh,
NC, United State
(919) 848-3727
Bimota Spirit

Reactions: Donger

·
Registered
555 Posts
And if you do end up getting a vyrus, i would recommend prescribed medication, fluids, and rest

Sorry.... Couldn't stop myself

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL, next question is: does it say Virus, or Veerus...lol

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
.....I just wanted to know how hard it is to obtain one :p
I don't think it's hard per se.

Takes time and money I've heard. Each and every part is unique to what the customer wants and takes a year to build. Plus I think your order starts with a visit to the factory. Won't get much change out of 100k I suspect.

It's a shame no one would run one of their Moto2 bikes in the big league. That would be a good way to bed in the tech as a serious alternative.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't think it's hard per se.

Takes time and money I've heard. Each and every part is unique to what the customer wants and takes a year to build. Plus I think your order starts with a visit to the factory. Won't get much change out of 100k I suspect.

It's a shame no one would run one of their Moto2 bikes in the big league. That would be a good way to bed in the tech as a serious alternative.
I do remember Bellissimoto used to advertise Vyrus. The only requirement from them is you need a 50% deposit for the bike to start being built due to its price.

There is a video on youtube, the guy's name is Raptorama. He visited the factory and talked to Mr. Rodorigo himself about limitless options of this bike.

If I had the tools and machine and software, I'd love to make a bike to my own imagination. It seems to me that owning a Vyrus is the same with owning a Pagani. And geeze I love the details/minimalistic design of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts