Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fine people, I'm waiting for delivery of a yellow base model and I wanted to know if anyone has one yet and if so DO SHARE ( photos please!! )

·
Registered
370 Posts
cherok1212 said:
Hello fine people, I'm waiting for delivery of a yellow base model and I wanted to know if anyone has one yet and if so DO SHARE ( photos please!! )
Did you order one already?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have seen photos of someone in Europe who has had theirs delivered. None from the States yet.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, just talked to my dealer and he said no news.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The dealer in Tallahassee is expecting one more red base model before the yellows start shipping. I think that puts them coming in some time near the end of May.

Trey

·
Registered
337 Posts
JUN ---
What's the name of your dealer in Rhode Island??
DNA says that there are no Yellows in the US yet.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
My dealer(Ohio) is saying mid May for both the yellow and black.

·
Registered
91 Posts
DUCMILLE said:
JUN ---
What's the name of your dealer in Rhode Island??
DNA says that there are no Yellows in the US yet.
The dealer I know of is in MD and it's name is Speeds Cycle.

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
becase of the different color frame, yellow will be the last color delivered. i wanted yellow but couldn't wait that long!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Blacks before yellows, is that what I'm reading?

I have seen pix of delivered yellows, but not of any blacks to date.

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
that's what i read, but who knows? i read that yellow will be after black 'cause the black still has the same color frame, and for yellow they have to switch the assembly to grey frames. makes sense, but who knows? we're talking ducati. my understanding is that no yellows have been delivered in the USA yet, but maybe that's changed also.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
im in the chicagoland area, my guy says something similar that the yellows will b last made and delivered. very difficult wait but i believe this bike with the black plastic (or carbon fibre)between the tank and the seat and the black marchessinis (also maybe cf) next to that yellow is going to b stunning.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
where can i find flix of the delivered yellow duc?

·
Registered
370 Posts
cherok1212 said:
where can i find flix of the delivered yellow duc?
I know one in MD also. It's called Battley Cycles. I went in one day last month and they said that they had one in yellow that is coming in and no one had claimed it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
If I were a betting man, I'd say that the frame color makes no difference in assembly order. The frames are manufactured and painted before delivery to the final assembly line, so whether the frame color is red or grey should make no difference. If Ducati is assembling Yellow 1098s today, they'll use the grey frames, otherwise they'll use the red ones.

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
Painting process

Yossarian said:
The frames are manufactured and painted before delivery to the final assembly line, so whether the frame color is red or grey should make no difference.
Doesn't it make more sense to spray all the red frames before switching over to yellow? That's the most efficient way to do it. (Not that Ducati is "efficient". That's why I hedged my original post w/ the observation that we're talking about Ducati, so anything is possible.) In the painting process, there's some downtime whenever a new color is brought on-line. Switching back and forth between red and grey would be time-consuming and inefficient. It would make more sense for Ducati to spray all the red frames before switching to grey. And that in turn means the grey frames arrive at the assemly plant last. Which means the yellow Ducs get built, (and arrive here), last. We'll see!

Elton

1 - 20 of 26 Posts