Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Need a radiator, not looking to shell out 1k on a new one right now. If anyone know someone with one or has one themselves please PM me with details and info. Thanks

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
What year? Might be covered under the recall. Contact your Ducati dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What year? Might be covered under the recall. Contact your Ducati dealer.
It's a '08, talked to a Duc dealer they said it's not covered because I'm the 2nd owner. But I appreciate the advice maybe I'll try another dealer, I've heard very different results depending on the dealers you talk to.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Try contacting Ducati NA. A recall should be covered no matter what number owner you are.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I didn't have any luck with Ducati NA last year. I got a call back from Ducati customer service in Italy and they were not willing to go past their extended 5-year warranty on these. I am also a second owner. I was pissed because I really think this should have been a recall item. My dealer offered me 20% off, but I still wasn't wanting to shell out $800.

After looking for a decent used one for a few months, I took the advice of others on this forum and sent my radiator to Myler's Radiator in Utah. They fixed it and added bracing for around $120 I think. It did cost me around $60 to ship to them because I insured it for $1,000. Still, I was back on the road for around $200 including Engine Ice when I re-filled it. I'm no mechanic and I did all the removal and install myself. Just followed one of the videos posted on this forum.

If you do decide to buy a used one, I would look for a 2012 or later. They changed to a new radiator part in mid-year 2011 I believe, due to all of the failures. Look for part #548.4.074.2B. Pre-mid-2011's are #548.4.074.1B, those are the ones to avoid. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts