Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I have a T-rex one like this, except for apparently they don't have the claw style anymore. Not sure if the pin ones as seen in the link below work for the stock ones. I didn't think they did since I had to buy the claw type, but if they have it on their website, evidently it must work. I would sell you my claw type adapter but considering they were only like 50 bucks new, it wouldn't be worth it because I'd have to pay like 30 bucks in shipping. You might as well just buy a new one.

I just bought a set (front and rear) of Venom stands for another bike from a place in Canada. Free shipping and got to me in 2 days all the way from Canada! And they were only $74 for the whole set. I was impressed....quality is not great but it works for what they are.

Gold Galvanized TRex Front Triple Tree Motorcycle

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a T-rex one like this, except for apparently they don't have the claw style anymore. Not sure if the pin ones as seen in the link below work for the stock ones. I didn't think they did since I had to buy the claw type, but if they have it on their website, evidently it must work. I would sell you my claw type adapter but considering they were only like 50 bucks new, it wouldn't be worth it because I'd have to pay like 30 bucks in shipping. You might as well just buy a new one.

I just bought a set (front and rear) of Venom stands for another bike from a place in Canada. Free shipping and got to me in 2 days all the way from Canada! And they were only $74 for the whole set. I was impressed....quality is not great but it works for what they are.

Gold Galvanized TRex Front Triple Tree Motorcycle

I'll check them out. Everytime I research this it comes up "oh, well thats $300.00" FFS people! :)

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Well you need a tall ladder like 6 or 8 ft or so. Setup the ladder so that it is open above your triple, then attach two ratchet straps to the frame at a point that it won't scratch or use rags to protect it. Then the other end of the strap to the ratchets that are hooked to the ladder. And then get them tight and ratchet up the frame until it's a inch or two off the ground. I know several dudes who did it and I ran out of stands so I had to use it when I did a front end swap on a 1098 and 1198. Enjoy!

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
That's a common method if you're trying to change out your triples. But just to remove the forks, I'd use the stand. Much easier and convenient.

·
Registered
211 Posts
when i did the forks i used a car wrench underneath the front cylinder's exhaust header.

i really dont know if it could move the cylinder or anything but nothing happened 10k kms after that (and 5 trackdays)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.