Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WANTED: Woodcraft Rearsets for 848 EVO

I am in dire need of adjustable aftermarket rear sets. First week back on the forum since 2013 and it seems like hardly anymore is selling used parts anymore. If you have a good looking set, with minimal wear, please send me pics to 703 462 4647. I am only interested in a black set that comes with all of the required hardware.

·
Court Jester
12,080 Posts
I am in dire need of adjustable aftermarket rear sets. First week back on the forum since 2013 and it seems like hardly anymore is selling used parts anymore. If you have a good looking set, with minimal wear, please send me pics to 703 462 4647. I am only interested in a black set that comes with all of the required hardware.
People are selling but shit goes fast, I'd put an alert on the "parts" section.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
PM sent.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Buy yourself a set of Woodcraft. You'll be very pleased....

http://m.ebay.com/itm/400880664595?nav=SEARCH

This is the complete kit (comes with shifter and brake)

The basic kit sells for like 315 without a brake pedal....

also check Woodcraft Technologies

They actually sponsor me and my race team so I feel obligated to toss their name out there.

Believe me when I say I'd use their products even without sponsorship. Matter of fact I've had their rearsets on 3 bikes before the sponsorship.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are definitely on top of my list. Promised the GF that I would do my best to buy used parts instead of new like I did on my 08 848, that got sold months after purchases of new parts. If I can't get a nice set of used Woodcraft rear sets, I will def just buy new.

Buy yourself a set of Woodcraft. You'll be very pleased....

Woodcraft Rearsets Complete Kit Black Ducati 848 | eBay

This is the complete kit (comes with shifter and brake)

The basic kit sells for like 315 without a brake pedal....

also check Woodcraft Technologies

They actually sponsor me and my race team so I feel obligated to toss their name out there.

Believe me when I say I'd use their products even without sponsorship. Matter of fact I've had their rearsets on 3 bikes before the sponsorship.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Ive got silver on my 848 racebike and black on my 1198 streetbike.

Just crashed my racebike 2 weeks ago during a 12 lap 'Dash for cash' race and bike wend down on the left, the Woodcraft rearset peg took 90% of the force, it ground down to about 3/4 of an inch. The Woodcraft underbody frame sliders did their job unbelieveably well....

$38 dollars for a new peg and shifter tip and I was back for the next 4 races the next day. If I had any other brand, parts would not be readily available from the vendor at the track and I would have had to miss the entire next day of racing. Because Woodcraft sells all individual parts seperatly as well as whole kits, it was super simple and I was ready to go in less than 30 minutes. Im absolutly a happy Woodcraft CFM customer!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that's nuts!

Ive got silver on my 848 racebike and black on my 1198 streetbike.

Just crashed my racebike 2 weeks ago during a 12 lap 'Dash for cash' race and bike wend down on the left, the Woodcraft rearset peg took 90% of the force, it ground down to about 3/4 of an inch. The Woodcraft underbody frame sliders did their job unbelieveably well....

$38 dollars for a new peg and shifter tip and I was back for the next 4 races the next day. If I had any other brand, parts would not be readily available from the vendor at the track and I would have had to miss the entire next day of racing. Because Woodcraft sells all individual parts seperatly as well as whole kits, it was super simple and I was ready to go in less than 30 minutes. Im absolutly a happy Woodcraft CFM customer!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can anyone tell me how much, if any, of a difference does it make having the full set with the brake peg vs. using stock brake peg? The price is considerably different, so if there's no real add value, then I'm likely going to get the set with no brake peg.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
They are amazing for track use but not for the street in my opinion. Keep in mind that I have them installed on the street/track bike. Very grippy shift lever and will scuff up your shoe, would of preferred something more practical. They heat up more than OEM from the engine. If those two things don't matter, then you will love them

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Can anyone tell me how much, if any, of a difference does it make having the full set with the brake peg vs. using stock brake peg? The price is considerably different, so if there's no real add value, then I'm likely going to get the set with no brake peg.
Makes no difference. You can use the stock brake lever if you want. That what I've done with my current set, and the same thing when I bought Woodcrafts for my old CBR. Some people are a bit more anal about having things that match, so they get the full set. I don't even use my rear brake so for me it didn't make any sense to spend the extra $100 or whatever it is to get the complete one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts