Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to dedicate myself more to art these days and I wanted to share my first two motorcycle paintings I recently finished. I'll be doing more of these to document the 2015 MotoGP season. I'm still experimenting with different styles to see what I prefer. What do you guys think?

Both measure 16"x 20" and are acrylic on canvas.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! Actually I made a couple small revisions and took them to a place to get digitized, I'll post up the new images when they are ready.

I'll also be starting a new one this week.

·
Registered
38 Posts
What talent!!! I like the Rossi painting style. Stunning! My eyes were immediately drawn to the reflection of the curve ahead in the crown of his helmet. Your attention to detail is very impressive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hehe great work! :p

I got the paintings professionally photographed, here is what they look like:

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I like the Rossi better..much more details and I do get my eyes on the reflection on the helmet...gotta learn from ya

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
The Rossi one for sure! Great work! Amazing details!

The Marquez one looks like it was finished and then a toddler came by and through random paint all over it....sorry, maybe I'm not "artsy" enough.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Rossi one for sure! Great work! Amazing details!

The Marquez one looks like it was finished and then a toddler came by and through random paint all over it....sorry, maybe I'm not "artsy" enough.
Haha, gotta tell you, I felt like a toddler throwing paint at it, it was fun! :toothless

The Honda painting is awesome for sure. If I want photo-realistic, I'll look at photos.
Exactly my thoughts. I am not into photorealism. My next works will not be so detailed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wanted to encourage you guys to follow me on my social media (I need some likes!). I will regularly be posting in-progress photos of new works and finished paintings. Actually I am working on a new one right now!

Here are the links:

Instagram

Facebook

Thank you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts