Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of stupid question but does the Ducati warranty become void if you put an after marked exhaust system on your bike. I really like the 70 mm full Termignoni system, however, have been looking at Arrow as well.

I put Termi's on my Monster and just love them. Its all about the $$$$$

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
30 Posts
where are you mate?UK?
I cant believe it, we've posted same question at the same time.
Read my thread.. dealer con in the uk? and see if you can answer any q's
What is your dealer saying?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like we have the same issues huh. I'm in the US. I remember when I put the Termis on my Monster someone in the shop mentioned the warranty would void if I would have gone with a different brand. I don't know if he was just blowing smoke or what. Is a concern to me as I don' t want to screw up my warranty.

Would kind of like to hear from others to make sure this is a consistant thing with Ducati and not just a dealer trying to sell their system.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I was told by my dealer that any pipe,even Termi's,will void the warranty if not installed by a dealer, and only Termi's are approved by the factory.
I'm still mystified why so many people are buying a $20,000 motorcycle and don't care about the warranty and trying to save a hundred bucks.
Hopefully they won't have a problem like saaaay ooooh i don't know, maybe, STALLING, and give their dealer a reason to break it off in their a$$! :shitfan:

Besides, those Termis' rumble like no other! :smoking:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good point. Had no idea that installing your own Termi system would also void the warranty. I have a great dealership with quality people so no worries with work they do they know their stuff. The Termi is such a great system I guess there is really no need to look at the other brands. Just pony up the bucks and make it happen.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
paul sonderfan said:
JEEZ!!!, read the comments in the UK Con post :mad:
Yeah wow you are so right I'm so flipping stupid for asking the question. I mean really how stupid could I be. I really should know about that case law. Thanks for setting me straight.

Maybe you can reprsent me when I file the law suit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts