Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called up my local Ducati dealership to put a deposit on a 1098S and he said that he didn't know if the next bikes he got in would be 2007 or 2008 and if they were 2008 they would be higher (but didn't know how much). So I found a dealer 3 hours away that will definitely have a 2007 coming in sometime in May so it will still be $20k. Needless to say this is where I put the deposit down. However, if it is like a car, warranty service can be performed anywhere, but I kind of hate to take my bike that I bought elsewhere to my local dealer, but I also don't like the idea of driving 3 hours each way every time I have a problem. Should I feel bad for taking my bike to the local dealer?

G

·
Dont feel bad for taking it to your local dealer for servicing. They will get more money out of you over time than the guy who sold it to you, the real money is in parts and labour.

·
Registered
140 Posts
By all means, use your nearest dealer for all warranty work and services. Doing otherwise is making life harder on yourself.

·
Registered
49 Posts
lemmy999 said:
I called up my local Ducati dealership to put a deposit on a 1098S and he said that he didn't know if the next bikes he got in would be 2007 or 2008 and if they were 2008 they would be higher (but didn't know how much). So I found a dealer 3 hours away that will definitely have a 2007 coming in sometime in May so it will still be $20k. Needless to say this is where I put the deposit down. However, if it is like a car, warranty service can be performed anywhere, but I kind of hate to take my bike that I bought elsewhere to my local dealer, but I also don't like the idea of driving 3 hours each way every time I have a problem. Should I feel bad for taking my bike to the local dealer?
lemmy,

as a former dealer employee (18 years) and a current oem rep (four years) i can tell you that an intelligent dealer will make it easy for you to have your bike serviced at his dealership in the hopes of earning you as a lifetime customer. while the debate over where money is made at a dealership is one that will rage till the end of time, no dealer is ever happy about having lost a sale. it is my recommendation that you make it a point to see your local dealer before your bike comes in and explain to him the conditions that led to you going elsewhere. if you don't, the less intelligent dealer may take it as a slap in the face that you did not make your original purchase at his store, and the result could be a less than pleasant service/parts relationship in the future. good luck!

just my .02,

rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts