Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just had an awesome Bikeshow here last weekend and had picked this up at the show. I couldn't resist so I installed it on the bike the same day! I really don't think that it will protect it from crashing, but knowing that I have it make me feel a bit safe also should help if the bike was just to tip over! Ducabike makes great parts! Technology Bumper Electronic device Electronic instrument Carbon Motorcycle accessories Auto part Brake Vehicle Carbon Auto part Engine Vehicle Car Automotive exhaust Auto part Tire Engine Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Ducabike do make great stuff. The slider helps absorb crash energy and keep it away from the pump housing. Could be the difference between tow truck home and being able to ride it from a crash. Looks good!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks good on the bike! Thanks for the pics. The black one blends nicely.
Bobbyzn: I noticed in your other pics you have the bar end caps and levers, which looked to be Ducabike as well. What size are the bar ends? There are two different sizes and I want to get the right ones. Also, did you get both clutch and brake levers? Which ones? I like the way they look and love adjustable levers for personalization. Thanks and stay warm!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Brooksie,

Thanks for the compliments on my bike. Ya, the levers are from Ducabike and they are the matte black ones. I bought it from Proitalia website and I installed it with ease! I am very happy with it. The Barends are a Ducati brand which I picked up from my local dealer here for $40. Please note that there are 2 insert rubber sizes available and our bike will take the bigger rubber size that inserts through the handle bar. I luck it!!!
I am thinking of changing my mirrors as well and installing an aftermarket ones that you install on the Barends? I will find more details about this when riding season is back. Tnx!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for the info! I've had Pazzo levers on all my bikes in the past and like them The Duca look just as good.
For mirrors I am thinking about Rizoma Reverse Retros in black. They can only be mounted on non-tapered bar ends, which they sell. I had a set of them on my GT1000 and they really worked great and looked cool.
I'd also like to see dimensional info on stock bars and those nice Rizomas in black.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts