Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all there's another thread with a diavel owner experiencing the same noise but I'm wondering if any sf owners hear something like this on their bike.

It only comes on after bike is warmed up, after about 15 minutes of riding. Sounds same with clutch in and out. Can't hear it as much at speed or when revving engine.

My is a 600 mile new 2014 sf848 and made this sound since beginning. I've heard other testeretta ducs and haven't heard the same sound.

I spoke to my dealer but they just said its just a noisy engine and will be covered under warranty if anything does go wrong. I'm a Bit uneasy though.

Here's a video

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
WOW… I mean, it's for sure coming from inside the clutch cover. Sounds like one of the pressure plate screws is loose and it's banging on the inside of the cover. Not saying that's your problem, but it absolutely sounds like it.

For sure NOT something normal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it's either from clutch or engine. The mechanic at the dealerr played w the clutch but said it sounded like the engine to him. Thing is if something was oose in the clutch Id think I'd hear it all the time but it only comes on after bike is fully warmed up.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
We had an 848 in that was making a similar noise. When we finally took the cover off, you could see marks on the inside of the cover. In the end, the clutch basket bolt had loosened and the clutch was moving around in the case.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I'll ask them to check the clutch bolt when I bring it in for first service. On my it doesn't make the sound until it's warmed up after 15 minutes or so

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks. I'll ask them to check the clutch bolt when I bring it in for first service. On my it doesn't make the sound until it's warmed up after 15 minutes or so
metal does a lot of funny things when its warmed up, could be expanding when its warmed up and hitting something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.