Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have a 2012 Ducati 848 EVO Corse/SE. 1700 miles. It hasn't run in 5 years. Would be nice to get any advice at all as to where I should start to bring it back to life. I've been riding one bike or another since 1975, but I just put the 848 away 5 years ago and here I am today.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
256 Posts
This will be a long list. Tires replace, inspect brake pad wear. Change the oil, cam belts and inspect valves. Flush all fluids radiator, brake, clutch. Install a new battery and spark plugs. Inspect the chain might be rusty. Fuel pump and filter may need replacement. Not to mention tank cleaned out for moisture and rust. I would check all seals and gaskets for oil seepage. Check your electrical connections for rodent activity. Are the relays testing correctly? Clean the whole bike before starting this process so you can see if anything is off. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
This will be a long list. Tires replace, inspect brake pad wear. Change the oil, cam belts and inspect valves. Flush all fluids radiator, brake, clutch. Install a new battery and spark plugs. Inspect the chain might be rusty. Fuel pump and filter may need replacement. Not to mention tank cleaned out for moisture and rust. I would check all seals and gaskets for oil seepage. Check your electrical connections for rodent activity. Are the relays testing correctly? Clean the whole bike before starting this process so you can see if anything is off. Good luck.
Really

·
Registered
9 Posts
There is better than a good chance that the fuel injectors will be clogged so you will need to clean those too. Make sure to run a liquid cleaner down the fuel lines (when disconnected from everything) and then blow them out with compressed air. Be gentle with the quick disconnects on the fuel lines that plug into the tank as they may be very brittle. You can buy replacements if need be though. Also be careful pulling the injectors as those o rings will be in bad shape. It will be easiest to disconnect the throttle cables at the handle before removing the air box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts