Ducati.org forum banner

Which coolant/antifreeze?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Getting ready to replace my coolant/antifreeze and I want to know what everyone is using. I mainly use the bike on weekend rides sometimes to commute to/from work but no track days. Please specify if your using other types of coolant/antifreeze.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've been using dex-cool along with full synthetic oil not only in my bikes but also my autos for many years with no advers effects. However, i'm rather anal wiith frequent fluid changes which probably has more to do with results than the choice of fluid. But I'm not likely to change just to find out differently.

I keep 'em clean and waxed, lubbed, adjusted with fresh fluides and it seems to do the trick for me.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I would use engine ice. It works great and lowers your coolant temperature by about 10 degrees. Any coolant will work. I have been using engine ice in all my bikes for about 6 years now and have never had a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.