Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took my bike apart and now its acting weird. I didn't do anything to the inside of the engine just removed everything from the frame. Exhaust, airbox, ext. When I accelerate hard in higher gears the bike stumbles or skips a couple beats. Its like the clutch is slipping except the rpms do not raise with a little bit of a shake, in fourth and 5th it will accelerate but hesitates more or less depending on how hard I open the throttle. Basically the engine doesn't produce any power. In 6th gear at 4000rpm it won't accelerate at all. Rolling on easily I can still reach 100+ mph. No warning lights. The bike is an 09 848 w 15,800 miles on it. Ive had all the services done except the 15000. Just got to the end of riding season and was planning on starting soon. The bike seems to start a little harder but still functions fine minus what I described above. The idle isn't erratic and I just put in new spark plugs, the fuel filter was changed 3000 miles ago and the air filter was cleaned and oiled as well, also had her tuned at 12,000mi. I know the 15000mi service will help but the bike ran excellent before I took it apart. I don't know if i need to reset the tps after taking off the exhaust and the airbox but the engine was completely off the frame. It has termi slip ons. Any one experience anything like this? Any help would be appreciated I love my bike and I just want her to be running like a top. Ill try things before taking it to the stealership.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Shit, it could be almost anything. Did you double check all your electrical connectors? You say you oiled the air filter? Is it a filter that is supposed to be oiled? Perhaps you are restricting airflow just enough to make the engine suffocate at high rpm where max airflow through the filter is slowed too much.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Take the tank off and start inspecting everything. Ignition coil wires, air intake boots, etc etc. Sure you just left something unhooked.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses guys, I will start checking everything today, the air filter was oiled lightly by the dealer at 12,000 miles before I took it apart. Good insight tho, I think its something to do with air fuel or ignition. I will keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, hopefully it was the spark plug. But if i accelerated hard it would lag like it wasn't combusting or not getting enough fuel and then try to play catch up on under a lot of load tho ( higher gears 4+)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
did some thinking on what it could be today and I remembered that one of the timing belts was loose when i took the engine off. I think it the teeth on the timing belt ratcheting (slipping on the cam).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I never do that to my girl, just saying i had no problem getting up to 9000 in neutral but in gear would go past 7. My servo motor had the exhaust valve stuck shut and the regulator/rectifier had died. ..!.. -.- ..!.. Took the servo and the cables off, and I like the mod a lot. Smoothed the lower end and more noise. =)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.