Ducati.org forum banner
2821 - 2840 of 3861 Posts

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
That looks good. Is it purely for looks or did you change the final drive?

I stayed stock , but came out with weight savings (aluminum rear sprocket, light weight steel front sprocket, polyurethane cush inserts).

The polyurethane inserts are also suppose to expand giving it less slop. I also have the ability to quick change the rear sprocket with the new carrier if I want to.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Not a beauty mod but hey it's what's on the inside that counts right ;). Installed a K&N DU-1007R and the two foam inserts to prevent debris from bypassing the filter. Man what the hell was ducati thinking? Any way I was able to do it all by only uninstalling the left side mid fairing and air intake & intake cover.

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
Do you need any special tools to replace the sprockets ?
I want the same red in the back, but with a black carrier... and a 14t in front

My carrier is black, you will want a black hub / flange. I considered painting my stock one. But I'm going to save up for a ducabike one. They have one with less material shows more of the carrier, sprocket and cush inserts and is lightweight.

You need the similar tools you would remove the rear tire with. And chain adjustment. Nothing special but air helps :).

·
Registered
518 Posts
My carrier is black, you will want a black hub / flange. I considered painting my stock one. But I'm going to save up for a ducabike one. They have one with less material shows more of the carrier, sprocket and cush inserts and is lightweight.

You need the similar tools you would remove the rear tire with. And chain adjustment. Nothing special but air helps :).
Ah yes, flange. Still have to learn all the English terminology to navigate this field of expertise :)

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Need a red slave cylinder now too! ;)

Reactions: krayz

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Got some nice adjustable brake/clutch levers if you want them T :)

And you also look like you might need a Nemesis TCS as well :)

Hint hint ;)

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
No more budget, but I'll hope it sticks around..

Got some nice adjustable brake/clutch levers if you want them T :)

And you also look like you might need a Nemesis TCS as well :)

Hint hint ;)
I just put new levers on you need to pay attention to this thread :) http://www.ducati.org/forums/848/47394-what-did-you-do-your-848-today-70.html#post833381

Traction control is the least of my worries for now....

2821 - 2840 of 3861 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.