Ducati.org forum banner

41 - 60 of 609 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Kingy,

I agree with you on the "need" part of the new Camaro. However, I think I'll wait a year or two (till the kinks are worked out) and then go back to The MidWest, where it is much cheaper, to buy my car. The only sad thing about that Camaro is that they're going to overprice it AGAIN, which is why it died in the first place. Ditto for that last GTO. They just don't get it at GM.

By the way, what is that car that you have? I can't figure it out!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Kingy,

I agree with you on the "need" part of the new Camaro. However, I think I'll wait a year or two (till the kinks are worked out) and then go back to The MidWest, where it is much cheaper, to buy my car. The only sad thing about that Camaro is that they're going to overprice it AGAIN, which is why it died in the first place. Ditto for that last GTO. They just don't get it at GM.

By the way, what is that car that you have? I can't figure it out!
ok i have something to say about this. i had a 1969 chevy camaro yes it was very over priced but i did not have a single fault anywhere with the car it was awesome. i see you got one as well? also when you say gto do you mean this?

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts
I guarantee the camaro, when released, will look pretty different from the concept version (above).

Little things like the hood scoop, fender flares etc might not make it to production and that's what will kill it. Plus, everyone is going to buy one just like the new mustang.

I was excited when I first seen it because it is indeed a beauty of a car, but it won't be exotic enough to enjoy.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Kingy, from Oz I take it by the pic of the Ute you have... very nice looking indeed, wish they'd sell them here in the US.

Car? I don't have a car anymore, just the Duc. Wife has an 04' Caddy Escalade she lets me cage around in when I absolutely positively cannot ride the bike.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
What, no Italian cars to match your Italian bikes. You fellows ought to be ashamed.
Confederate, apparently you haven't seen my car. It's a Camaro. It's the honoary Italian-American driving machine. If you grew up in South Philly, Brooklyn, Jersey, Cleveland, Youngstown, OH, or one of those Pennsylvania type places and you're a guido...you've owned AT LEAST one!

I can say that I've always wanted a nice Alfa Spider, though.

PS-what does IROC stand for? Italian Retards Out Cruisin'. And yes, I'm a Paesano so I can say all this laughingly at myself!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
ok i have something to say about this. i had a 1969 chevy camaro yes it was very over priced but i did not have a single fault anywhere with the car it was awesome. i see you got one as well? also when you say gto do you mean this?
Kingy,

Again, I agree about the Camaro. I love those cars. I have had mine now for over 8 years and can't see letting it go. However, GM WILL overprice the new one as usual.

When the new GTO-or Holden Manaro as it's known outside the US-was released, one of the car mags was shocked at the pricetag and actually did a comparison study with the original 64 Tempest with GTO option. Pricewise, the car should have been released here in the states at around $25k, relevelant to inflation. They released it at $34k...and the car sales died after the initial hooplah. Furthermore, one could be purchased in 2006 during its last year of production for about $27k. With the discounts and 0% financing, it was a fair price for sure.

I ask, then, what do you think will happen to the Camaro when they overprice it as well? Once the initial wave of "crazy" goes down, it will stall-especially with the cost of gas skyrocketing past $5 a gallon.

Alas, GM just doesn't get it. Wait a year or two and you'll get the car cheapy cheapy.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Kingy,

Again, I agree about the Camaro. I love those cars. I have had mine now for over 8 years and can't see letting it go. However, GM WILL overprice the new one as usual.

When the new GTO-or Holden Manaro as it's known outside the US-was released, one of the car mags was shocked at the pricetag and actually did a comparison study with the original 64 Tempest with GTO option. Pricewise, the car should have been released here in the states at around $25k, relevelant to inflation. They released it at $34k...and the car sales died after the initial hooplah. Furthermore, one could be purchased in 2006 during its last year of production for about $27k. With the discounts and 0% financing, it was a fair price for sure.

I ask, then, what do you think will happen to the Camaro when they overprice it as well? Once the initial wave of "crazy" goes down, it will stall-especially with the cost of gas skyrocketing past $5 a gallon.

Alas, GM just doesn't get it. Wait a year or two and you'll get the car cheapy cheapy.
my only hope is they bring it out as a rhd for australia and we actually get it here.
Kingy, from Oz I take it by the pic of the Ute you have... very nice looking indeed, wish they'd sell them here in the US.

Car? I don't have a car anymore, just the Duc. Wife has an 04' Caddy Escalade she lets me cage around in when I absolutely positively cannot ride the bike.
yeah its a nice ute but if i ever have a kid ill either have to sell it or buy a new house and a new car to fit it in the garage (i like that idea)

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Kingy, I'm sure they'll have a RHD version. If you check ou this month's edition of R&T, they mention that Holden is greatly responsible for the car's development as it's derived from their Zeta platform. Also, the answer to the engine question is solved there, too. The SS version will have the LS3 6.2L and they expect it to push about 400HP. A year later, there are plans to introduce the Z28 Model with a supercharged 6.2L sibling to the ZR1's motor the LS9. They're calling it the LSA. You're looking at 480-500HP. They're also thinking of changing the intro motor to a turbo 4 banger found in the HHR SS. Again, this is all according to Road and Track.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Kingy, I'm sure they'll have a RHD version. If you check ou this month's edition of R&T, they mention that Holden is greatly responsible for the car's development as it's derived from their Zeta platform. Also, the answer to the engine question is solved there, too. The SS version will have the LS3 6.2L and they expect it to push about 400HP. A year later, there are plans to introduce the Z28 Model with a supercharged 6.2L sibling to the ZR1's motor the LS9. They're calling it the LSA. You're looking at 480-500HP. They're also thinking of changing the intro motor to a turbo 4 banger found in the HHR SS. Again, this is all according to Road and Track.
yeah the thing will be a beast i mean the z28 that thing would be the ultimate track car and daily driver:devilsmok

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
OK I get it now. A Ute is an Australian El Camino. Very cool. I'd have one if they made them here. You can throw your Duc in the back-or at least it looks like it would fit.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Baaaahhh! The new camaro, vette, viper, charger, challenger, mustangs are all P.O.S. North America never made a real sports car IMO. They can't handle worth a shit, they don't brake worth a shit, and they do nothing but guzzel gas. Put anyone of those pieces of shit on a track next to a real car (German, British, Italian, or Japanese) and they would all get there asses kicked. The only real sports car that was ever made in north America was the GT40. Other then that they Al suck. A sports car is suppose to handle, brake, and accelerate good. Not just accelerate and go in a straight line. And any of you should know your selves that if you put an M3 or a skyline GTR on a race track next to any of those new cars they would get licked pretty good. Sorry if I have offended anyone I just can't stand the no replacement for displacement line, or that simple minded "my car has a bigger engine" line. That's crap. And nascar is not real racing. Nascar sucks! Thanks for your time to read my venting. I had a shitty night at work lol. And for the record I am in to late 60s early 70s mopars.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Baaaahhh! The new camaro, vette, viper, charger, challenger, mustangs are all P.O.S. North America never made a real sports car IMO. They can't handle worth a shit, they don't brake worth a shit, and they do nothing but guzzel gas. Put anyone of those pieces of shit on a track next to a real car (German, British, Italian, or Japanese) and they would all get there asses kicked. The only real sports car that was ever made in north America was the GT40. Other then that they Al suck. A sports car is suppose to handle, brake, and accelerate good. Not just accelerate and go in a straight line. And any of you should know your selves that if you put an M3 or a skyline GTR on a race track next to any of those new cars they would get licked pretty good. Sorry if I have offended anyone I just can't stand the no replacement for displacement line, or that simple minded "my car has a bigger engine" line. That's crap. And nascar is not real racing. Nascar sucks! Thanks for your time to read my venting. I had a shitty night at work lol. And for the record I am in to late 60s early 70s mopars.
ok i can kinda get wer your coming from. but then you contradict yourself and say you like mopars??? it is a good thing to have cars like the new camaro, vette, viper, charger, challenger and mustangs to give real enthusiests something for the next generation.

come on man lighten up these cars are truly great. they are the ultimate in drivers cars for enjoyment. also one more thing...

look at the people that drive the cars you think are good skyline gtr now i love these cars but the majority of people that drive them are young kids with ecne. now there is no such thing as a british car they tend to get other countries to make them for them and then say its theres. the m3 now i like them also but dam man the guys that drive them are mostly up themselves (no affence to anyone that owns them)
:blah:
ok so the moral of the story is, leave the muscle cars alone. they really are love by anyone that drives them. and real enthusiest would back me up on that

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Oh yeah. But the tru muscle car is gone. That's why I like the old mopars. There are no real muscle cars anymore IMO. And the cars I mentioned are just good all round performers. There is a place in the market for new American sports cars but them being fun on a track???? I think frustrating would be a better word. But yeah you have very good points. I just usually have a harsh way of goin about things lol

·
Registered
441 Posts
I agree partially. I hate vipers, 8L to get 500hp? That's just disgusting. Look at the BMW M V10. 5 litres, 500 hp. That's true engineering.

The vette z06 is a step forward, I can pull a full g+ in a corner, which is pretty impressive for an american muscle car. Not to mention it roars like a monster, can't get that through jap crap. Not to mention I'd rather walk than drive a skyline.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Confederate, apparently you haven't seen my car. It's a Camaro. It's the honoary Italian-American driving machine. If you grew up in South Philly, Brooklyn, Jersey, Cleveland, Youngstown, OH, or one of those Pennsylvania type places and you're a guido...you've owned AT LEAST one!

I can say that I've always wanted a nice Alfa Spider, though.

PS-what does IROC stand for? Italian Retards Out Cruisin'. And yes, I'm a Paesano so I can say all this laughingly at myself!
Hey, I'm the first that would hate to say anything bad about a Chevy;)

The oldest son has a 99 hard top vette which I've tracked and it really does a nice nice job, Vettes have come a long way. Though, I'd still prefer his Porsche Cayman on the track. The Vette does get 30mpg on the highway which the Porsche will never do.:(

41 - 60 of 609 Posts