Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What Do You Think - pics added

I Have Had This Number Plate Bracket Made For The 1098 With Or Without The Turn Signals Or Standard Is Best Would Appreciate Your Feedback

·
Registered
370 Posts
I would say without, but I am not sure if you care if it is legal or not.

·
Registered
328 Posts
It looks better without the turn signals. Build your self an led conversion and mount the turn signals in the rear fairing.

CAG

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
chris,

very clean! the shape of the license plate helps. the mirrors/turn signals, (front and back) on the 1098 are a horror show. much better w/o, but of course, no turn signals, which raises other problems.

it would be nice if ducati thought a little more about mirrors/turn signals. ducati hasn't designed a decent mirror/turn signal since the Paso. of course, that's the last time they actually took the time to think about mirrors/turn signals, and incorporate them into the faring design. everything since then has just been an afterthought stuck onto the side of someody else's design.

Elton

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
where did you get those small led,s and as to legal im to old to worry i had the same plate on my 996 with no problem and just stick my hand out as the good old days.and the new laws in MCN this week should help us all.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I really wish the US plates were that small.
Guess that's another reason to live in England.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Very nice! I'm gonna wait till Evoluzione comes out with one for the 1098, till then though, I'm just gonna have to dremmel the fugly OEM piece down a bit....

·
Registered
438 Posts
Our Plates are the size of a billboard here in the Uk, this is a 'show plate' !!! which are 'never' fitted when we go out riding ! ( Yeh right )

Looks good with that shape plate, what size is it ( 10 x 2 ? )

Some small led flashers from demon tweeks or somewhere would do fine.

Where did you get the bracket ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
i have a man with a small engineering company that made it up for me in stainless steel and it is so fine its hard to see unless your up close he will make them up for you and they fit straight on no messing around his name is shaun faraday and he is called faraday engineering number is 07941093474
i was also looking with him to see if we could make it even finer so as it vibrated in the wind without breaking so as the numbers became blurred and only visible when stopped but that is in the future.
good luck with yours
chris
ps i live in the uk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts