Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bluetooth ear buds get pulled out when I put my helmet on. It is great on... but very tight going on.
When I used to do a wired setup I had a great solution.
Now I need bluetooth.

Did you install speakers in your helmet?
Can they work if I am using ear plugs? (I always do)
Do you have an awesome set of low profile earbuds?
Do they have the FOAM tips for noise cancellation?

REX

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
JMHO, But I think it's not the best move listening to music on a bike. Distraction and not hearing emergency vehicles. Ear plugs and music going I would think it would be pretty hard to hear what going on around you.
Of course it's up to you.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I used to have the same problem, and since using a baclava problem gone, my helmet does have a designated spot for speakers, and yes I can used them with or without the ear buds.....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JMHO, But I think it's not the best move listening to music on a bike. Distraction and not hearing emergency vehicles. Ear plugs and music going I would think it would be pretty hard to hear what going on around you.
Of course it's up to you.
My last wired ear buds were the foam sound deadening type.
You can still hear everything. SIRENS ARE LOUD!!!
Even regular horns cut through.

The only draw back is you can sometimes find yourself speeding up or slowing down according to the tune.

Rex

·
Court Jester
11,688 Posts
My bluetooth ear buds get pulled out when I put my helmet on. It is great on... but very tight going on.
When I used to do a wired setup I had a great solution.
Now I need bluetooth.

Did you install speakers in your helmet?Yes
Can they work if I am using ear plugs? (I always do)Yes but of course it will reduce volume
Do you have an awesome set of low profile earbuds?I use them for work out still suck with the helmet
Do they have the FOAM tips for noise cancellation?no but my sena is 5 years old I'm sure they've gotten more tech

REX
Had this problem when I first started riding again I found Sena to be the best solution Answers in red..

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
I used a set of apple wired ones, not in my ears but pushed into the foam with the wires coming down in the gap of the cheek pads.. the old Apple ones were loud enough for 3/4 volume to be heard over wind noise and were not in my ears to distract or pull out.

Perhaps your buds might work if you wedge them in the foam.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts