Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've head the triple s on for about 2 years now it was a night and day dif but I just can't get the bike 100% what are you guys running for fork heights

·
Registered
765 Posts
You can't really compare fork heights due to the different top clamps people use. Have you measured your rear ride height and the trail up front? What doesn't feel right?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thin k I got it sorted I woodcraft clip-ons after my crash and they sit a little lower and I have more weight on my hands so when turning slow I would be pushing on the bar not really knowing it and it would up set the front end

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
The rear is just as important as the front. So if you haven't done a linear link, proper spring rate, proper ride height and a shock that works, there is no reason to touch the front unit you have.

Ride height is very important, but to get it right, requires lots of measuring and the right components.

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
Rear set up for me with a ttx
So linear rear link and proper ride height?

Proper ride height on these bikes is determined by swing arm angle when unloaded. So that means, getting the bike off the ground with the rear end dangling, then putting a digital angle gauge on the swing arm (iPhone app) and measuring the angle. Most people run between 11 - 13 degrees of swing arm angle on their bikes, though I find closer to 13 degrees to be the key.

Then of course, swing arm length is a killer. You'll want to run as much length as you can. This means, your gearing may need to be altered.

Once you've got the rear in order, then you work on the front. I find these bikes need a lot of ride height front and rear. In fact, I had to add Öhlins-made spacers to the top of my Showa forks (with Öhlins cartridges) in order to get a proper feeling out of the package with the 30mm clamps.

These bikes are easy to get a base setting for, but ya gotta do everything or nothing because mixing and matching a few components without setting it up properly, can lead to not very good results.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Of course,..... there are many "forumn opinions" ( mumbo-jumbo ), my advice would be to stick with the set-up recommendations of the Professional Tuners like Dan Kyle (Kyle Racing), Mark Sutton (Ducshop),... etc. Some have been dialing in the suspension and/or geometry of trellis framed Ducatis for decades,.... not months or years.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
^ Oh, yes,... there are others, such as Frank Shockley @ Fast Frank, Chris Boy @ Motocorse, etc. etc., exactly what I am talking about... Professional Tuners who can give experienced design advice and recommendations for parts, fitment, and settings. Not a bunch of internet bunk some one tried for a couple of trackdays/races..... going fast on a motorcycle is a very dangerous sport, changes to your motorcycle should be a matter of utmost concern and safety,... Not recommendations stemming from someone's fantasy.

Reactions: Warp Racer
1 - 10 of 10 Posts