Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just quick question.

What gives that lovely specific Ducati engine sound?

Much different then other (jap.) bikes.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
It's a wild guess but I'm going with the motor .

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Since the 1950s ducati has incorporated muffler bearings to rotate and change the sound frequency of the motor. Without them the motor is extremely high pitched.

Reactions: hostile

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
even in latest models?
Yes. And in the panigale models the exhaust routing is so compact they actually incorporated the bearings into the cylinder heads right before the exhaust flanges to save space in the routing.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Why did the chicken cross road?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi, just quick question.

What gives that lovely specific Ducati engine sound?

Much different then other (jap.) bikes.

Thanks
You've gotten some smarta** answers so far, but the real answer is that the engine configuration on the Ducati creates that unique sound. The 90 degree spacing between the Ducati cylinders results in a sound different from a Harley (with its 45 degree angle) or Aprilia (with its 60 degree angle).

·
Registered
555 Posts
Ok, so after hours of painstaking research, ive concluded that it must in fact be the motor. The sound is only audible when the motor is on. Then, without changing anything else, turn the motor off and the sound stops. I tried this multiple times with the exact same result.

·
Registered
19,288 Posts
You've gotten some smarta** answers so far, but the real answer is that the engine configuration on the Ducati creates that unique sound. The 90 degree spacing between the Ducati cylinders results in a sound different from a Harley (with its 45 degree angle) or Aprilia (with its 60 degree angle).
you bleeped out ASS!

·
Registered
19,288 Posts
Ok, so after hours of painstaking research, ive concluded that it must in fact be the motor. The sound is only audible when the motor is on. Then, without changing anything else, turn the motor off and the sound stops. I tried this multiple times with the exact same result.
I make my own noises when I sit on the bike! So far my favorite sound is VVVVRRRRROOOOOOMMMMM! But ring ring ring riiiiiiinnnnng is pretty fun too!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts