Ducati.org forum banner
101 - 120 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
We get stooged on prices, but it's all comparative. IIRC minimum wage is a low as $4.50 an hour in some parts of the US, Oz for an adult is $16 per hour. Hence when we came to the US in 2012 we shopped and lived well as our dollar was on par or higher and your shopping is cheaper anyway without the Australia tax!

In saying that a GS ute is worth mid 50K AUD new. Oh, FPV which is Ford Australia performance arm has now closed and Ford Oz is stopping manufacturing in 2016. Very sad day for Australian manufacturing.

Our engine bays look like this and it's all OEM

·
Registered
3 Posts
Car

I drive a 2014 BMW 435xi Coupe, white, which is why I got the white 848 Ducati! I had a black BMW Coupe and a Black CBR 1000, there was nothing cooler than having a matching car and bike. Just picked up the BMW in January and the Ducati last Friday. 2014 is gonna be a great year!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
How do you like the 435. Its a great looking car IMO.

I prefer a variety of colors myself.
I have a silver wrx, black and gold R6 and red Ducati.

I used to have a white 600RR and a white R1.

Seeing all the colors in my garage makes me happy!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Nice. Those can be quick with just a tune :)
Thanks. I'm still doing the break in thing with the engine. I'm contemplating doing the official BMW tune on the car. PPK Stage 1. It's supposed to bump power another 20 HP and add 37 lb ft of torque. BMW says there won't be any change in the fuel economy and will be fully supported under the factory warranty.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
I've always liked the look of the BMW 1 and 3 series. My wife is convinced she needs a 335d sedan...

·
Registered
446 Posts
I've always liked the look of the BMW 1 and 3 series. My wife is convinced she needs a 335d sedan...
My wife hated the looks of the 1 series when I showed her some pics. Her opinion was reinforced when I pointed out some 1 series cars on the road. She changed her mind when she saw this one at the dealer.

Me personally, I've always liked the 1 series coupes. I thought the hatchbacks were pretty fuggly though. I jumped on this one as it was the last black one in the entire area even going into all the neighboring states and with the 1 series being a discontinued model. Based on what I've seen of the 2 series, it further reinforces my decision.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Thanks. I'm still doing the break in thing with the engine. I'm contemplating doing the official BMW tune on the car. PPK Stage 1. It's supposed to bump power another 20 HP and add 37 lb ft of torque. BMW says there won't be any change in the fuel economy and will be fully supported under the factory warranty.
I'm not sure the company but I'd look into an aftermarket one. I know they do pick up around 80whp and a gob of torque from just the tune. May not be factory warranty but much more worth it :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'm not sure the company but I'd look into an aftermarket one. I know they do pick up around 80whp and a gob of torque from just the tune. May not be factory warranty but much more worth it :)
I've been reading a lot for the past month. The two aftermarket tunes I've seen are the JB4 and COBB. Well...there's also Dinan. Thing is I've done the modding thing a while back before I got into bikes. So I sort of already got the car modding bug out of my system. The other consideration is I have an extended warranty on the car due to my intent to keep it for a while. The car will also eventually be my daily driver. I just want the car to be decently reliable. It's plenty fast right now as is. Adding a bit more while maintaining my factory warranty is just a plus.

Besides, if I really want to get my need for speed, I'll just jump on one of my bikes.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Lol great idea for a thread! My daily is an APR tuned 2014 Jetta GLI. Also have the 99' Dakota R/T for my bike transportation!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Volkswagen Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Pickup truck

Sent from my iPhone using Ducati.org Forum

·
Registered
213 Posts
Just added a new family sedan to the line up. Its for the wife but i have some plans for it since i cant leave anything stock :D

2014 535i Fully Loaded with M Sport Pacakge (Aero Kit, Wheels, Suspension, CF Spoiler, M Exhaust, Increased top speed and flappy paddle shifter)

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a couple four wheelers....

Here's a shot of my engine bay. Lets see if anyone can identify the Make, model, and year. Shouldn't be too hard.... :naughty:

This is my other cage and acting toy hauler for both Ducati's:

101 - 120 of 147 Posts