Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like my Pirelli Sps that came with bike need to be changed soon... What do you guys recommend, should I stick with Pirelli Sp or get something else, would never track, just casual weekend canyon rider.. Was thinking to go with Michellin 3 Ct (always used 2ct on my previous bikes, liked them).

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
If you are not putting commuter miles on I'd stick with Pirelli. They are great for grip, they just tend to flat spot quicker than the harder compound options.

I use Pirelli at the track. I have a separate set of rims with MICHELIN PILOT ROAD 4 for street use.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Really depends what you want out of the tire. I love pirellis, but they typically wear too quickly. I've recently been using the supersport evo by Michelin and they are superb! You can always use angels or road4 if you need miles per set and rain is any concern...

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
You will get a different tire from every person who answers this. I picked up a set of Rosso Corsa to replace OEM SuperCorsa. Same compound on the outside but a harder compound towards the center of the tire. This way the life will be longer and won't flat spot during road use. The tire is also a track tire. Can't go wrong in my opinion

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
Michelin Road 4 for commuter, all weather and spirited back roads. Anything more than spirited back roads and you'll want to stick with something like the Michelin Pilot Power 3 or Pirelli Rosso Corsa. Actually most I know can't use the Rosso Corsa or Power 3 to the limits so Road 4 should be more than fine.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Race DOT Pirelli SC1 front SC2 in the rear.

Great for commuting. :shitfan:

·
Registered
'12 848evo, '13 Hypermotard SP, '94 CBR600f2 track bike, '06 CBR600rr track bike
910 Posts
very long time Michelin user, and I love the Dunlop Q3 I out on my EVO, if I were to use another tire it would be Michelin PP3. The Q3's have been great, great traction and wear, the price is very good too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am leaning towards the Q3s since majority of you claim they are great on the 848 for the street. I can get them for $350 installed, is that a good deal?

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
I am leaning towards the Q3s since majority of you claim they are great on the 848 for the street. I can get them for $350 installed, is that a good deal?

Depends on where you live but it sounds good if that's out the door! I was well over 440 for the road 4s. But I live near Seattle so it seems like everything is expensive including the disposal fee.

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
Check here

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/t/1743/Sportbike-Tires

Tchase you will need to do a different search for the PR4's but $440 sounds very dear.

Craig

I won't have that problem anymore now that I own a nomar. Nobody here wants to mount tires for you if you purchase else where. So yes I get screwed but that 440 was mount balance disposal and taxes along with the cost of the tires..

Now I can buy online tax free and mount myself 😎

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Stevester....sounds about right pricewise.

Normally they sell for like 220 plus or minus just for tires. Then shipping, mount, balance, etc....its a few hours to do the work.

Youll be very satisfied with the Q3's

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.