Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
only looked at my speed at phillip island once, doing 230kph slowing down for turn one
,but i reckon i could have got 260kph easy.
meybe more dunno..was having too much fun to really worry about it

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
indicated 181, got it on DDA too at daytona with 15/38 gears. real speed more like low 170's.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Top Speed on my 848 with Stock gearing

Hey, I got it to around only 143 MPH indicated. Which was pretty low IMO. I wasn't going to wring her out. She only felt like she could manage around another 15 mph. So 150 or so indicated seems reasonable, given a mile or so of straight asphalt.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats weird because I was also going 145 messin'w/a Triumph speed Triple 1090, I was getting him by the way and there was more in the tank......it was around 8k or so but I wasn't in 6th yet! But the thing was moving and I didn't really have the huevos to push more w/traffic coming up

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thats weird because I was also going 145 messin'w/a Triumph speed Triple 1090, I was getting him by the way and there was more in the tank......it was around 8k or so but I wasn't in 6th yet! But the thing was moving and I didn't really have the huevos to push more w/traffic coming up
I think you mean Speed Triple 1050 and the 848 will definitely take the Speedy if given enough room to top out, I never got either one of my Seedys above 154mph indicated.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've had my 2009 848 up to 261 kph (162 mph) then I realised I was in max. rpm'ed in 5th . . . . clicked her up into 6th gear . . .

Didn't watch speed after that - was too busy concentrating.

I would say there wouldn't be much left in her after that either but now I'm always wondering . . . :mad:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I regularly have my 2011 evo up to 160 in 5th gear. Ive maxed it out at about 174 indicated I weigh in at 240LBS though so if you were lighter weight im sure itll hit 180.
My bike specifically doesnt take much time at all or effort to hit 160. I have a full termi, quick shift, auto blipper, ecu flash, and custom dyno jet tune done though so im rocking a good 136hp to the rear wheel. I keep up with the jap litre bikes up to about 150 and then they pull ahead.

These bikes are amazing!

·
Court Jester
11,602 Posts
The OD has gotten close to 160 MPH, but the lap timer shows much lower speeds in the 140's

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've had my 2009 848 up to 261 kph (162 mph) then I realised I was in max. rpm'ed in 5th . . . . clicked her up into 6th gear . . .

Didn't watch speed after that - was too busy concentrating.

I would say there wouldn't be much left in her after that either but now I'm always wondering . . . :mad:
Noticed you're in Sydney, like me. Ever taken it out to eastern creek?

·
Court Jester
11,602 Posts
Down hill, wind at your back with a +5 calibrated OD Maybe...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts