Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am looking to buy a New helmet,

What is the best helmet out in the market at the moment?

I was looking at Ducati Arai helmets on ducati website for 940$

I just want something safe (both dot and snell) + Great match with my 848 evo white.

I have open budget

Thanks

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Check out revzilla, they have a great selection of lids. Best bet is to try different brands on then pick a color/style. I've been wearing Shoei and they fit me really well. Keep in mind that for Arai to throw Ducati on it adds addition couple hundred dollars

·
Registered
101 Posts
Try them all on!
I used to work at a helmet shop during the summer. I was really excited to get an Arai until I tried them on and they didn't fit my head. Then the same thing happened with Suomy. Tried the Shoei RF1100 and it fits amazing.
So, try them until you get it right!
Criz

·
Registered
518 Posts
I am really not sure if whats fitting me or not. I tried many of them buy I am not sure how to tell
Read on the net. Lots of forums discuss and RevZilla has a pretty good guide as well.
I was pretty set up to get and Arai GP Isle of Man edition (until I found out it was double the price listed on the web site. The first $800 was only the reservation fee :( )

Arai fits me ok, but HJF, Shoei, Soumy and a couple of other brands does not.

Anyway, ended up with a NEXX XT.1 Raptor which fits perfectly on my head. And the colors are ok with my black/with Ixon clothes + it has integrated sun visor and breath guard.

Try all kind of manufacturers and their different brands, when you have found one fitting. Choose color.

Safety > Style

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Goto your local shop. Try on what they have. Get brand selection first, size next and graphics or color last.

Once you have brand, size and color selected, have them order exactly what you want if they don't have it in stock.

Yes, you can get one a bit cheaper on the net, but there nothing like having a real store to help fit you and solve problems if they arise.

If we don't support our local shops, they won't be there much longer....

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Lids

Well- guess I will start out with my usual disclaimer since its all based on my PERSONAL experience and not that of others. So- all IMHO stuff here! :)

When I bought my Corse 1198s Special Edition I also got the special edition Arai helmet to match it and though the bike was sold i still have the helmet and despite it being a truly awesome lid, I still reach for the Bell Star every time for so many different reasons!

Just took a look at the 2015 lineup they have and saw these which I think would match your white Evo great! IMHO the Star is phenomenal in every way and no one can beat the Transition Shield Visor they have which is priceless! So check these out, like someone else said above- go try some helmets on, BELL, and see what you think! They even have a custom fit selection which I know is PRiCEY to say the least, but check that out here on their site too. These would look good w Evo:

http://www.bellhelmets.com/powersports/helmets/street/star-carbon-special-edition-8650

Not the Star but good helmet anyway.

http://www.bellhelmets.com/powersports/helmets/street/rs-1

Custom Fit Section!

https://www.bellhelmets.com/bell-custom-fit

My two lids I spoke about The Bell is the Cerwinske Star-outdated now of course. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
Try on as many different styles from different companies you can. I have an Aria head, but I can usually find something that feels pretty good in other brands. The AVG Grid felt good, but all others I've tried didn't fit right. I found one style from Bell that felt OK. I bought a Shark Dirt lid and wasn't able to try on the same style in the store. I had them order what I thought would be the right size, but we had to send it back. The two different styles had different shapes internally. Buy what fits you and hopefully they can match your bike or gear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.