Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I happened to notice my dash didn't read SF S RACING like it should with a slip-on system from Termi. It only reads "STREETFIGHTER" on dash first start-up
I then bought a DP ECU for slip on and yet, it's still read "STREETFIGHTER"
Dealer has confirm the ECU I bought is the authentic ECU..
:confused::confused:
Any inputs?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm… that does sound strange. Are you sure they installed the right ECU and didn't simply re-map the stock one?
That's what I thought too, Tye.
However, the full service record didn't mention about the last owner had the stock ECU remapped.
My bike did come with Termi slip-ons, yet the ECU looks stock from missing the 95621110B sticker upon removal by me and installed the DP ECU one. But both ECU have the dash reading only "STREETFIGHTER":confused::confused:

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
Yea, they may not replace the ECU at the dealerships anymore. Its far easier/cheaper to simply remap the stock one. Thats my guess and it seems to fit the facts.

·
Registered
81 Posts
That's what I thought too, Tye.
However, the full service record didn't mention about the last owner had the stock ECU remapped.
My bike did come with Termi slip-ons, yet the ECU looks stock from missing the 95621110B sticker upon removal by me and installed the DP ECU one. But both ECU have the dash reading only "STREETFIGHTER":confused::confused:
It maybe a case of the wrong ECU is packaged into the wrong box from factory.

The result is you've actually replaced the original(stock) ECU with a another one that's exactly the same because of a mistake in packaging:confused:

It's happened before.

If the dash reads just Streetfighter with both ECU's, that would explain it.
I would take the bike into the dealer to see for themselves so they can put it right for you.
It's only a 15 minute job.

At the end of the day, your dash should read Streetfighter Racing.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It maybe a case of the wrong ECU is packaged into the wrong box from factory.

The result is you've actually replaced the original(stock) ECU with a another one that's exactly the same because of a mistake in packaging:confused:

It's happened before.

If the dash reads just Streetfighter with both ECU's, that would explain it.
I would take the bike into the dealer to see for themselves so they can put it right for you.
It's only a 15 minute job.

At the end of the day, your dash should read Streetfighter Racing.
This is my puzzle as well.
Bought the DP ECU from Rubberside up and Bill has been helpful with the info since he has friends who work for Ducati AMS and they did confirm to him that the non DP ECU won't let you start the bike with the cans unless you have the code card or red key. He also wanted me to get a second opinion about the ECU as well and I can always return the DP ECU to him with full refund without questions asked.
So just another shout-out to him as well.
However, Bill also suggested like Tye that the last owner might have had the stock ECU remapped by another vendor or the dealer.
I will bring my old ECU to European Cycle Sports in Plano to have them checked it out.
I will keep you guys update...(Other than that...anyone has a full Termi system with ECU they wanna sell to me? Since I do like the termis regardless of the shitty welds :p)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Don't sweat the small stuff regarding the welds.

You can't see them while you're riding the bike with a big grin on your face:)

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't sweat the small stuff regarding the welds.

You can't see them while you're riding the bike with a big grin on your face:)
LOL on my stock header right now I can see all the pops around the welded area lol..I honestly can do a much better welding job than this...but I agree with ya about the grin...people asked me why another Ducati, I just told them they won't understand until they rode one:yo:

·
Registered
52 Posts
... Ducati AMS and they did confirm to him that the non DP ECU won't let you start the bike with the cans unless you have the code card or red key. ...
That stuff isn't true.

The bike will start regardless of ECU and regardless of exhaust. And swapping the ECU has no impact/requirement on any key. The security code matched to keys is in the dash unit and that is completely unrelated to the ECU.

And most re-flashes use the DP ECU as the base map and start up with the "... Racing" banner. The re-flashes can even be easily altered to display whatever wording you want in the banner too.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
That stuff isn't true.

The bike will start regardless of ECU and regardless of exhaust. And swapping the ECU has no impact/requirement on any key. The security code matched to keys is in the dash unit and that is completely unrelated to the ECU.

And most re-flashes use the DP ECU as the base map and start up with the "... Racing" banner. The re-flashes can even be easily altered to display whatever wording you want in the banner too.
Thanks Keju, that's what I originally thought as well.
I kinda wonder if the OEM ECU I have was reflashed but the owner was never bothered to change the greeting..
Also, the one I bought from Rubbersideup (with all description, sticker on it matched the DP ECU Slip-on) also only read "STREETFIGHTER." Good thing the ECU isn't that hard to remove and I can always return the one I bought from Bill.
However, I also have the option of sending the OEM ECU to Motowheels and have them remap it for pretty much the same price. Or does the dealer will reflash my ECU under warranty or is it something extra?
Is there anyone on here going with the full Remus/QuadD route and would like to sell their Full System with ECU?

·
Registered
16 Posts
@Donger
Are you looking to sell your Termi slip-ons ?
I am sure you are fully aware that you can buy brand new ECU (stock or Termignini mapping) on Ebay. I am just saying that cause it seems I will need to do that as I am not interested in your ECU..both of them ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
i had the same problem with Rubbersideup, the ecu he sold on ebay are bone stock, did you notice the exhaust flap valve was not deactivated when you put the Ecu?

He told me they use the same map as ducati .... The real dp ecu deactivate the exhaust valve....

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i had the same problem with Rubbersideup, the ecu he sold on ebay are bone stock, did you notice the exhaust flap valve was not deactivated when you put the Ecu?

He told me they use the same map as ducati .... The real dp ecu deactivate the exhaust valve....
Not from what I've researched so far. The ECU for the slips on still uses the flap valves unless you have some other mod to deactivate it..only the full system will eliminate it
He was very understanding and I was able to return my ECU with full refunds so Kudos on his part

·
Registered
600 Posts
Stock, slip on and full system DP ECU's are all the same hardware. The only difference is they each have a different crappy map. Hence a different part number.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^ I am trying to sort out a full header/ECu atm...was able to find one but have to wait for a while.
Mapping wise I've read about your build/others build way before I bought the bike (during the time I put my 848 for sale :p) Only way to go with is the Nemesis ECU from Bellissimoto but atm I can't really justify coughing up another $1k to do an ECU upgrade that I honestly won't be able to tell the difference) even though I already spend almost $2000 in upgrade parts alone. But the exhaust valves and the O2 sensors do get in my eyes like a freaking itch that I can't reach just yet. LOL

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Many places these days can have ANYTHING you want show up on the display when you first turn the bike on. Your name, model, etc. Matter of fact after my first service I didnt know the dealer put their name on the display read out which I graciously asked them to remove. Don't know exactly how its done but DONGER would look great ! :)

·
Registered
600 Posts
^ I am trying to sort out a full header/ECu atm...was able to find one but have to wait for a while.
Mapping wise I've read about your build/others build way before I bought the bike (during the time I put my 848 for sale :p) Only way to go with is the Nemesis ECU from Bellissimoto but atm I can't really justify coughing up another $1k to do an ECU upgrade that I honestly won't be able to tell the difference) even though I already spend almost $2000 in upgrade parts alone. But the exhaust valves and the O2 sensors do get in my eyes like a freaking itch that I can't reach just yet. LOL

This is how I did it. You don't need the Nemesis.

http://italianmotostyles.com/tuneboy-motorcycle-tuning/tuneboy-magneti-marelli-iaw-5am-ducati.html

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hmmm interesting. Does the software have preprogrammed A/F?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lol Gunny..dont get me starting again lmao...it would be like "wassahappening hotstuff"

1 - 20 of 25 Posts