Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, I know that I'm going to get various thoughts on this, but I'm happy to get what comes my way.

I have, through an excellent company and contact, managed to get Marchesini make a set of their Genesi wheels for my Desmo. Delighted - absolutely!!

So, I have option of colours. Gloss Black, Matt Black, Gloss Gold or raw Magnesium clear coated (as per the Superleggera).

I really really like the raw colour as it would match so many other bit on the bike and would give the look of the bike a bit of a twist....

So, what's your thoughts before I pull the trigger??

Cheers!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Gloss black all the way for me mate...I think the black looks great & suits the bike superbly! You can't see that much of the raw colour on the bike, not until you're up close anyway, but that's just MHO...go for what'll put a smile on your face (you should have a permagrin anyway looking at stewardesses all day!!).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just been having the same thoughts about painting a spare set of wheels.......original 916 satin gold.....

.....or....just to be contraversial.....and get ready with the sick bags !........851 white !!!.....think the white may suit a team bike better...

......but the original 916 gold, I think would look classy and understated

.....would be nice to see some photoshop attempts to give an idea.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Here's an attempt a mate made....

Seen them in white before, bit garish for me, but with white on the Team version, it may look okay.

I'm really swaying toward the raw mag finish... or matt black (the safe option)

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
......just had a thought, ....you could just have the original wheels paint stripped/fine bead blasted and have them matt laqured....as they are Magnesium .........and see how they look...

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Matte black. Best contrast for sure

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.