Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find replacement fairing bolts without paying OEM prices. Anyone have any insight on where to find them?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I wanted black screws to replace all of the silver ones.

I was able to buy ALL of the nuts and bolts from two 1098s off of eBay.
My Ducati owning riding buddies are very appreciative when they need a missing screw.

In the past thirty years of riding. When a member of our group would total out a bike, I would grab many of the screws and other bits and pieces before insurance came for the bike.

·
Registered
'12 848evo, '13 Hypermotard SP, '94 CBR600f2 track bike, '06 CBR600rr track bike
908 Posts
I have bought new bolts from Duc Pond, very reasonable prices I thought. Lost a faring bolt for my Honda 1 time, cost $7 got several bolts and washers for my 848 shipped to me for under $20.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Very well!, and thank you for the advice...looking at it during the install, the stepped drill bit would not have worked without taking off the upper fairing. Very glad I asked and that you responded because that is the route I was going to take initially.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I wanted black screws to replace all of the silver ones.

I was able to buy ALL of the nuts and bolts from two 1098s off of eBay.
My Ducati owning riding buddies are very appreciative when they need a missing screw.

In the past thirty years of riding. When a member of our group would total out a bike, I would grab many of the screws and other bits and pieces before insurance came for the bike.
Did the same thing when I totaled my r6. they don't need those bolts. ;)

·
Registered
270 Posts
I just follow a big group riding Ducs, and pick the bolts up off the street as they rattle loose.

It's like getting undercoating on your car before the winter- follow a group of harleys....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts